Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Acknowledge and SPEAK the TRUTH

Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding. Proverbs 23:23

www.biblegateway.com
Mark 14: 60-65 NIV

60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.  Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
62 "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." 63 The high priest tore his clothes. "Why do we need any more witnesses?" he asked. 64 "You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?"
They all condemned him as worthy of death. 65 Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said, "Prophesy!" And the guards took him and beat him.

Every time I read this, I'm quickly convicted - because as soon as someone speaks ill of me or to me, I am ready to jump from the defensive.  I don't just do this for myself, but also for those I love, and in many areas of injustices that stir me up.  I will quickly speak to let the person/people know - how wrong they are.  But has it been very helpful?  Nope, not really (just being real with you, is that ok? as I chuckle a little ha).  I can't think of one time of success.  Even if I've had any, the many times arguments and hurt feelings resulted, far outweigh any of the successes I've had from speaking on the defense.  What has your experiences been?

Jesus made no reply to the lies being spoken against Him, because it was based on confusing and erroneous evidence.  Not answering was wiser than trying to clarify the fabricated accusations.  But if Jesus had refused to answer the second question, it could have been taken as a denial of His mission.  Instead, His answer predicted a powerful role reversal.  Sitting at God's right hand in the place of power, He would come to judge His accusers, and they would have to answer His questions (Psalm 110:1; Revelations 20:11-13).  Of all people, the high priest and members of the high council should have recognized the Messiah because they knew the Scriptures thoroughly.  Their job was to point people to God, but they were more concerned about preserving their reputation and holding on to their authority.  They valued human security more than eternal security.

Are you going to be like Jesus, or are you going to be like the religious leaders?  God is calling us to answer to the Truth of His Word.  Not from emotion, hurt feelings, or on the defensive from lies; all of this just distracts us from what is really important.  We need to be wise in what we respond to; we're not called to respond to everything.  It's so ironic that we're so quick to react from hurt feelings and lies; but we often have to stop, think and pray about speaking the Word of God to others.  How many of you take a second before you speak or offer aloud prayer, knowing it's the opportunity to do so?  Didn't I tell you satan was crafty... but he is a fool and not the victor in this battle.  So let's be bold Church!  Let's begin to live this life for God and not just for ourselves.  Let's boldly point people into the direction of the Kingdom of God.  Let's fear God; not human opinions.

And I know this is not a call to go to the streets and hold large signs in your hands condemning people to hell.  I don't see this as an effective solution anywhere in the Bible.  I know God has not called me to do something that scares more people away, than it brings people to Him.  But this is a call to seek, with our all our hearts, how we can apply this awesome example of Jesus into our every day life, demeanor and actions.  Let the Holy Spirit reveal to you, how you are to incorporate this and/or take your witness to the next level.  But let's not be so arrogant to think that we've got this down already.  There is always room to grow, correct, and thrive.  So I pray that we thrive today; and thrive in correct alignment of God's Word and His Holy Spirit; Who speaks to You just as much as He speaks to me.

Praise You Father for Your awesome Word today!


PRAYER: Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.  I am so glad to be in the court of the just Judge who never fails to make a fair decision, LORD.  You see into the hearts of people and judge rightly.  Thank You for sharing Your wisdom with me.  Unlike those who rebel against You, God, You often let me realize the wisdom in Your rules and plans.  I begin to see the design You have for ruling the world; and my life.  Your judgments are always wise... (Proverbs 28:5)

- Please continue praying what's in YOUR heart.  All prayers provided by TGN are just starters; please allow your heart and the Holy Spirit direct your words to God; and pray in the Name of Jesus.  There is power in that Name!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment