Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER...


What a great morning it is!  Today, I would like to praise God with you, for facilitating my move on this very day, last year.  I’m delighted to celebrate this with you, because most of you have been with me for the duration of this journey, up to this point.  It wasn’t just a move from the East Coast to the West, it was a move to completely change my life for the best; better than I could have ever expected.  This year, has completely changed me, by God for God.  Over this year, I’ve learned and experienced a lot.  I just told someone the other day, that I really feel like in this one year I learned what I was supposed to learn in all 28.  I’ve matured beyond my wildest expectations and my life has never been so fulfilled, because I’m building a solid foundation in the LORD, our God.  I won’t ever turn back to who or where I use to be.
It is on my heart to share some key themes from this year for me.  It may just speak to something in your life.
  1. When I seek God, He answers; ALL OF THE TIME.  When I listen to Him, I am always amazed and pleased with the result.  Disappointment is often just misinformed.
  2. Be ready to “move” (take action) when God says, or I will be stuck on the same unhappy merry-go-around of life.
  3. Why do we run from HOME?  For me this is where the most relevant – life changing answers are being revealed.
  4. I can live on what I need.  As I focus on this, I’m blessed with things I want.  It’s a crazy and wonderful thing to experience – especially when it is ALL of the time.
  5. We meet many people on this journey called life, and they all can be placed in the category of REASON, SEASON, or LIFETIME.  It helps the relationship and me stay on the path, by taking the time to seek and discern where each person stands.  Relationships are important and time should be taken for them.
  6. My BEST relationships are the ones that challenge me; but always stir me in the direction of God.
  7. My family is awesome and destined for greatness!
  8. Forgiveness is an ongoing process. A lifestyle of learning the process of release.  Just LET “IT” GO!
  9. God’s Word is FREEDOM, and was never intended to be burdensome. Man (either me or someone else) does this.  Don’t allow people’s opinions burden me or their expectations and desires of me direct me.  Jesus is the only Author of my faith and life.
  10. Restoration and reconciliation is straight bliss, when it’s not forced; but given the freedom to be orchestrated by God.
  11. Accepting the fact that we’re all on different spiritual levels and journeys; AND some people are just not going to come to God or give their all to Him; no matter what I say or do.
  12. The true gems are those who stick by you when they don’t think they can get anything from you.
  13. People are interesting; but I still have to commit to loving them; and deal with (do not ignore) the areas that some times makes it hard to stand them and/or love them.  Mature from our interaction and experience; do not grow bitter.
  14. I can only change me.  Start with perspective, then action.  Do my part.
  15. Prayer is powerfully effective.
  16. Fasting opens the door to endless possibilities; when the fast is about getting to know God and not simply about getting from Him.
  17. TV is a time waster. (LOL – a hard one).  It cannot come first.  I have to fight wasting time.
  18. I like to read!  I needed to create time for it.
  19. Loneliness is only hard when I forget God is there with me.  With Him I am never alone and the time of solitude should be used to rest and seek His voice.
  20. In many of my past experiences, God was laying foundation to help someone else.  Use my experience to the good of God’s Word.
  21. When I push outside my comfort zone, especially when it doesn’t make sense (but I know it’s from God) – I get breakthrough.
  22. I can really do all things through Christ, who strengthens me; gives me amazing ideas; has made my identity and purpose clear; provides everything I need; and has already given me the VICTORY.  Christ is my life!
  23. I don’t want all of this greatness for myself; I want everyone to get it because God’s love is available to all.  I will live my life to glorify God and allow His fragrance to be left wherever I go.  I am not more excited by anything, as much as I am about God.  So show it, and allows others to benefit from it.
  24. FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE.
  25. Being single is a blessing and not a curse.  Move according to God’s timetable, and not this world. (Rebuke the curses, people are simply living in.)
  26. I am a leader, so learn to lead righteously.
  27. The people in the Bible are great mentors; God is the Divine Mentor.  And God’s Word is always on time; revealing something new at all times.
  28. Compromise is not an option.  It’s not about being perfect, but knowing obedience is honored by God.  Obedience is actually a weapon against the enemy.
  29. The enemy (satan/devil) is real but he has NO power over me.  Don’t give in to his lies.  The devil is a fool.
  30. I am HAPPY!  I know what the JOY and PEACE of God is.  It is real!
  31. “Never Become Weary in Doing Good.” LOVE MOORE™
Man, I feel like one of those email forwards, LOL.  But the thing is, this is personal not general.  It’s real and evident of the goodness of God; and not just feel good lines for the moment.  This list can go on and on and on; I planned to include 10 points, but it kept going.  I believe I hit on the biggest points, that are still developing within me.  And if you didn’t notice, they all connect.
It’s so awesome to share with you a benchmark in my journey that is set to continue for a long time.  I’m looking forward to each and every moment of it; as well as continuing to share it with you.  Thank You Jesus!  I pray that you can look back on your own journey and see how far you’ve come, all that you’ve received spiritually/naturally, and receive where God wants to take you.  Some of you may be hearing a lie right now, “This only happens for her!”  ”She’s lying or over exaggerating.” “She’s just bragging.”  But again that’s a LIE trying to keep you from what God has in store for you.  Make the decision to rebuke the lies and place priority on your relationship with God.  It really is the only way to live.  Share your current benchmarks with us, I’m positive it will help another sister or brother readying TGN daily…

David’s words in 2 Samuel 22 sums up everything I could ever say about today:
David’s Song of Praise
1 David sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. 2 He said:
“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent men you save me.
4 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
5 “The waves of death swirled about me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
6 The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.
7 In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.
8 “The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the heavens shook; they trembled because he was angry.
9 Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it.
10 He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet.
11 He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind.
12 He made darkness his canopy around him— the dark rain clouds of the sky.
13 Out of the brightness of his presence bolts of lightning blazed forth.
14 The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded.
15 He shot arrows and scattered the enemies , bolts of lightning and routed them.
16 The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the LORD, at the blast of breath from his nostrils.
17 “He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.
18 He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.
19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support.
20 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
21 “The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I have not done evil by turning from my God.
23 All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees.
24 I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin.
25 The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in his sight.
26 “To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
27 to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
28 You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.
29 You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
30 With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.
31 “As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
32 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?
33 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
35 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
36 You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great.
37 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
38 “I pursued my enemies and crushed them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
39 I crushed them completely, and they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet.
40 You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.
41 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes.
42 They cried for help, but there was no one to save them— to the LORD, but he did not answer.
43 I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth; I pounded and trampled them like mud in the streets.
44 “You have delivered me from the attacks of my people; you have preserved me as the head of nations.
People I did not know are subject to me,
45 and foreigners come cringing to me; as soon as they hear me, they obey me.
46 They all lose heart; they come trembling from their strongholds.
47 “The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!
48 He is the God who avenges me, who puts the nations under me,
49 who sets me free from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me.
50 Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name.
51 He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed,
to David and his descendants forever.”

We’re in Mark 14 (only 2 more chapters to go in this book!) tomorrow.  Feel free to start reading the chapter on your own today, and be ready for the development of that Word this week. God loves us ladies and gentlemen.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment