Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pretending to Worship

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. 23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king." Daniel 2:20-23

www.biblegateway.com
Mark 15:16-20 NIV
The Soldiers Mock Jesus
16 The soldiers led Jesus away into the palace (that is, the Praetorium) and called together the whole company of soldiers. 17 They put a purple robe on him, then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him. 18 And they began to call out to him, "Hail, king of the Jews!" 19 Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him.


In reading the above verses, all I could ask is "Why"; why did they even have to go to this level of treatment.  The soldiers mocked Jesus by pretending to worship Him.  As this was revealed to me, another question entered my spirit to share with you:  Do we mock God by pretending to worship Him?  

Where, or in what ways are you pretending to worship our Heavenly Father?  It may come so natural, as I believe the mockery of the soldiers came to them; that we may not even be aware that we're doing it.  Take an in-depth look into our hearts and over the way we live our lives; and truly check for any pretending.  Galatians 6:7 - Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.


Prayer:  Father, I know that on my own I am incapable of keeping Your law perfectly, but Your mercy never ends, and Your justice never fails.  This means I should never give up.  This means there is no need to pretend to serve You.  You know my soul intimately and welcome me with joy every time I repent and turn back to You.  Have mercy on me, merciful Father.  I know I have been wrong in my worship of You.  Pour Your Spirit on me, bringing me comfort on the worst of my days.  Remind me that You will never let me go far from Your side, for You desire my presence even more than I desire Yours.  You will go to any length to save me...

 Please continue to lift Your voice to the LORD.  All prayers provided by TGN are just head starts; please allow your heart and the Holy Spirit direct your words to God; and pray in the Name of Jesus.  There is power in that Name!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment