Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jesus Is...

Will you trust the LORD?  

PRAYER: I need You LORD!  Things do not seem to want to go my way.  The days are becoming long and harder than the previous day.  I'm calling out to You Jesus!  I am confident that You hear me at all times.  You are the only One that I will find my help in.  My help comes from the LORD.  I want to trust You with every detail of my life.  Show me how to do this during each second of my life on this earth.   Let Your power, glory and honor be lifted in our relationship with one another.  It is not about me, but I'm grateful and blessed that You love me. When no one else does, You love me LORD.  Thank You!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

MATTHEW 17: 1-13
THE TRANSFIGURATION: part 3
PLEASE READ THE VERSES DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE: 
These verses may be broken up to discuss each point.

(Emphasis v. 3-5) Just then there appeared before them Moses, Elijah, talking with Jesus.  
Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters-one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"  

So yesterday we discussed getting permission from God.  Today, we will dive into "getting it right"-knowing who Jesus truly is.  When Peter asked about building shelters, he wanted to build three shrines for these 3 great men to show how the Festivals of Shelters was fulfilled in the coming of God's Kingdom.  But there is danger with shrines, it inspires idolatry.  Peter had good intentions, but they weren't the intentions of God.  Moses and Elijah were prophets-NOT gods.  They also were not perfect, their deaths didn't save anyone.  They were faithful men, who fulfilled their purpose on earth, but they didn't and still don't compare to Jesus.  Jesus is more than just a great leader, a good example, a good influence, or a great prophet.  He is the Son of God.  When you understand this profound truth, the only adequate response is worship.  When you have a correct understanding of Christ, you will obey Him.  And Jesus does not need a shrine to be built for Him.  What He wants is for each of us to accept Him into our hearts and build a relationship with our Father through Him.

PONDER THIS:
HAVE YOU ACCEPTED JESUS AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?


No comments:

Post a Comment