Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pray

Today is suppose to be a review of the chapters we read this week, but since there weren't any chapters; I am called to pray and to encourage you to pray.  Pray this prayer below and let the spirit guide you to pray specifically where there is need.

Father God, thank You for this wonderful day!  I don't know what You have in store for me but I am faithful in expecting grace, peace and favor today and every day.  You are a good God, a God this is always on time.  You are a God that is with me when I'm low as much as You're with me when I'm high in spirits.  You're always there to bring me and keep me in right relationship with You.  LORD, please forgive me for doing anything my way.  For not asking permission from You before I act out on anything.  Please forgive me for thinking I have to get it all together in my way instead of following exactly what You want me to do.  Forgive me for not having faith in You.  You have a great plan for me and I know in the midst of it all- what I am suppose to do may not make any sense to me.  But I trust You LORD, over myself.  I trust You to guide and direct me through the leading of Your Holy Spirit in the right direction.  Show me how to quiet my head and just listen to what You have to say.  LORD, I rebuke the evil spirits that are in this world and in my life.  I rebuke the evil spirit of deception that allow us to think we're doing something good, when in the end it's evil and against You.  I don't want to do anything against my God.  I repent right now, for doing anything to satisfy my desires, my flesh, my emotions in rebellion to Your Word.  I ask that You continue to change my heart with Your Truth, and teach me how to walk in right fellowship with You, no matter the consequence, no matter the sin I have to give up in my life.  To live this life, to know You, to worship You, it is all a wonderful gift and a privilege and I pray that more people will begin to see this.  Thank You for keeping me from self destruction.  Thank You for shining light on the darkness in my life.  I do not want to be separated from You, EVER!  I desire to be set apart from this world because You are my LORD, my God and I love You because You first loved me and You called me to love You.  How awesome is it, that the Great I Am wants me to love Him.  I am humbled and honored.  I pray this prayer not just over my life, but over the lives of my friends and family.  Over the lives of those strangers that I have met and who have affected my life in some way.  I desire for everyone to know You through Your Son, Jesus, and enter into Your Kingdom.  I desire that we all reflect Your character on this earth and really make it a better place- no matter how corny it may sound.  It should be our reality.  In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray with faith that You hear me and will act on my behalf and on behalf of all of Your children who pray according to Your Will.  Amen. 

Side note: The singer of the song yesterday is: Damita Haddon "No Looking Back"


No comments:

Post a Comment