Monday, February 2, 2009

Michael Phelps

"yeah...I knew Michael Phepls was BLACK!!!! He from B'More, he smoke weed, he chill in Vegas..what more can I say"

Are you kidding me?  The above is a quote from a random comment after the story broke that Michael Phelps had a picture of him smoking from a bong.  First, the person spelled Michael's last name wrong.  But what's really sad about this comment is that it is an opinion shared by many ignorant people.  People think to be Black you need to smoke weed?  I tell you, having a Black President has done nothing for a lot of people.  They're not aspiring to more because they're afraid to fail, they're too comfortable living in below 0 standards.  And I'm tired of it.  So tired of it.  The devil has been so busy allowing people to forget how God created us.  He created us in His image.  We are wonderfully and fearfully made.  God doesn't make ugly, we may have our dumb opinions but He does not make UGLY.  

When I found out what God thought about me, my whole outlook on myself changed.  I love me because of all that I am-because God knew who I was before I was even formed.  No one can tear me down, because I don't allow people to build me up.  God's Word builds me up and that is everlasting.  Learn who you are in Christ and allow the lies that have been embedded in your mind be washed away with the blood of the Lamb.  I can't wait for the day when people know who they are, and all they can be.  I can't wait for the day!!!!

Let's begin to pray about it prayer warriors.

Also, just because Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals, doesn't make him a role model.  I'm not disappointed in the kid, because that's what he is.. a kid.  He's going to make dumb mistakes.  Whether he did it before or after the 2008 Olympics-no one asked him about his moral character.  They were too busy asking "Who do you listen to in those headphones?"   He has done something great by accomplishing his goals-but that's it.  Who knew who he was before then?  This world does not uplift people because of their moral standards.  We are made to envy people who are not thinking about you or changing this world for the better.  They are mostly all about self.  They are drugged out, sleeping with any and everyone.  They go out every night, shop all day (for free!), vacation all week and donate money strictly for tax purposes.  Yet, they make the most money and get the most attention.  Aren't you bothered by this?  I know I am.  I will live to see a major change in this world, I believe God for it!

The Good News to come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment