Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kings of Leon


I LOVE Kings of Leon, I have since the Jetta commercial with "Molly's Chambers."  I had never seen them live, so even if I had to buy a ticket (which I did- but they were cheap), I was going to be there.  There is only one other concert that made me feel like this one.  Like I was going through a spiritual revival- and that was Mary J.  Kings of Leon are now the second.  What I love about them is that they just play.  And they play well!  They don't have much corny small talk with the audience...stupid banter with one another.  It's just the music.  And great music.  they are absolutely amazing as a whole.  The drummer is phenomenal.  Lisa and I were watching him the entire show.  I like to look at who everyone isn't.  We already know all the girls and guys have their eyes on Caleb, so I'll look at Nathan and all his mad skills.  Learning drums is still one of my dreams, I am committed to learning before I pass onto Glory.

Anyhow, I found this article below.  I think it's great that their next album is going to be a gospel jam.  They're a band that doesn't want to do the same thing-and giving praise to God is awesome in my eyes.  It's a bold move, but if you're making any bold moves they should be for God.  So I wish them all grace, peace and favor over their next album.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2009/01/the-kings-and-the-knicks.php

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight's the night!

In just a few hours the Kings of Leon will headline a totally sold-out gig at the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden.

Yesterday, three of the Kings -- Jared, Nathan and Caleb -- got a whiff of the Garden when they watched the Knicks outlast the Hawks, 112-104, from their courtside seats. 

We happened to be at the game, too, and afterwards we met the boys at the bar of their Midtown hotel, where we drank into the wee hours.

We wouldn't mention it, though, unless Nathan hadn't told us two very interesting bits of news:

One, he says to look out for an album of remixes of Kings tunes.

Two, he told us about the Kings next studio record, which they hope to start in November. "It's a straight gospel album," he said.

Interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment