Monday, January 11, 2010

TGN: God is Always Looking At the Bigger Picture

Daily Prayer: It is so awesome how Your Word convicts, corrects, encourages, and edifies me; and always in the right timing. I praise Your Name this morning LORD. I praise Your Name. Thank You Jesus. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 5:1-20 (NLT)
*part 3; emphasis on v.17- 20
Seed Planted

17 And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone.
18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. 19 But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." 20 So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to proclaim the great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed at what he told them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the many things that is so awesome about the God we serve, is that He plants the seed, even when we make the mistake of rejecting Him, or sending Him away. He continues to love us enough to plant one small seed and the opportunity to allow our spirit, our hearts and our lives to receive Him. In the above verses, this man had been demon possessed but became a living example of Jesus' power. He wanted to go with Jesus, but Jesus told him to go home and share his story with his family and friends. This man became the seed planted in this region. The people turned their backs on Jesus- He did not turn His backs on them by leaving them with what they needed to come to Him.

Have you experienced Jesus' power in your life? Are you, like this man, enthusiastically sharing the Good News with those around you? Just as we would tell others about a doctor who cured a physical disease, we should tell about Christ who saves our souls.

You are a seed. Yes, YOU! Do you see yourself as that seed? Let me remind you again that you don't read TGN daily, nor learn more and more about God just for you. It's for the other people in your life as well; the ones who are consistently around, and for those who enter into our lives for only a reason and/or a season. How much more effective your life will become once you take heed to the command that Jesus told this man who was freed from the legion of demons; "Go home to your family (and friends), and tell them everything the LORD has done for you and how merciful He has been." No one can share God's presence in Your life, better than You. So get to sharing; You'll be blessed by it.

I worked in an industry where many people weren't talking about God, but amazingly- I came out of that industry with a host of believers as friends in my life; many who are on this list. HOW? By sharing our faith, our testimonies, sharing where our help comes from. I thank God for those conversations. I've been blessed by these friendships. You too can be blessed to be a blessing. Don't let just me be the one who knows about the Almighty God in your life.

Have I told you lately, "How Good Our God Is?" He really is always looking at the bigger picture. Amen.

***********************************
Personal Prayer: LORD, guide me in sharing Your Good News with those around me; what you have done for me and how great Your mercy is to us. Give me direction in my delivery; using words that will invite people in, instead of turning them off from You. Bless me with the patience, kindness and love I need to make sure that there is a majority of You in my words and less of me. I have a heart for You LORD, but help me not to allow my emotions to get in the way of the Truth of Your Word. I am thankful to be seed, planted in Your Kingdom. Please make sure I know when to walk away, if need be. Bless Your Holy Name. Thank You for hearing me and receiving my prayers. In the name of Jesus, amen.


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
United We Serve: January 18th - The deadline to sign up for the opportunity at Belvedere Middle School (Los Angeles, Ca) with me, has been extended to THIS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13th at 8a. Please reply to this email if you're down to commit. Confirmations will now be sent January 14th.

For other opportunities: www.volunteermatch.org
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day

1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace...
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************


Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.

Spread The Good News: www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment