Wednesday, January 20, 2010

TGN: Jesus is...

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Daily Prayer: What am I that You are mindful of me LORD; that You care for me? I am Your child! You are my friend. You made me a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned me with glory and honor. You made me ruler over the works of Your hands, You put everything under my feet. In Your Name, I have authority. O LORD, my LORD, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth! I'm so thankful to serve You. In the name of Jesus, amen (Psalm 8).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 6:14-29 (NLT)
The Death of John the Baptist *part 2*
emphasis v. 14, 15
14 Herod Antipas, the king, soon heard about Jesus, because everyone was talking about him. Some were saying, "This must be John the Baptist raised from the dead. That is why he can do such miracles." 15 Others said, "He's the prophet Elijah." Still others said, "He's a prophet like the other great prophets of the past."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Herod, along with many others, wondered who Jesus really was. Unable to accept Jesus' claim to be God's Son, many people made up their own explanations for His power and authority. Herod thought that Jesus was John the Baptist come back to life, while those who were familiar with the Old Testament thought He was Elijah (Malachi 4:5). Still others believed that Jesus was a teaching prophet in the tradition of Moses, Isaiah, or Jeremiah.
So how does this relate to us today? Today people still have to make up their minds about Jesus. Some think that if they can name what He is-prophet, teacher, good man--they can weaken the power of His claim on their lives. But what they think does not change who Jesus is.
Is Jesus LORD over Your Life?
***********************************
Prayer: Jesus, You are my Mighty Counselor, You are the Lamb of God, You are the Son of God, You are my King, You are my Savior, You are my LORD. You are Prince of Peace, You are Healer. You are Authority. You are compassion. You are Mercy. You are Love. You are the Bread of Life. You are everything to me. You are always with me. I would not survive without You. Your great sacrifice, is beyond a thank You. I owe You my life. Take it Jesus, because in Your hands is the only way I can attain life; and life everlasting. You are alive! I can't be neutral or lukewarm about serving You. I am in, all the way. Hallelujah Jesus. Hosanna in the highest. In Your powerful Name. Amen
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.
Spread The Good News: www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com
"Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT
Peace comes when our minds stay on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment