Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TGN: What has Your Faith done for You Lately?

Daily Prayer: "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purposes." LORD this is me! I love you and I am called according to Your purposes. Where I lack direction Father, direct me in Your Word today. For I want to be on the path You have created for me and on no other path that lies before and/or around me. Thank You LORD! Shower down Your anointing on me LORD. In Jesus' name, amen (Romans 8:28).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 5:21-34 (NLT)
Jesus Heals in Response to Faith
21 Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. 22 Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, 23 pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is dying," he said. "Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live."
24 Jesus went with him, and all the people followed, crowding around him. 25 A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. 26 She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. 27 She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. 28 For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." 29 Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.
30 Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?"
31 His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?'"
32 But he kept on looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done. 34 And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How many of us have heard this story over and over? Yet, the amazement never fades. This woman had a seemingly incurable condition causing her to bleed constantly. This made her ritually unclean (Leviticus 15:25-27) and would have excluded her from most social contact. How sad and lonely! She desperately wanted Jesus to heal her, but she knew that her bleeding would cause Jesus to be unclean under Jewish law if she touched Him. Still, the woman knew without a doubt that Jesus was the only way to receive her healing. The woman reached out by faith and was healed.
Sometimes we feel that our problems will keep us from God. But He is always ready to help. We should never allow our fear or that condemning, critical voice in our heads keep us from approaching Him. Jesus was not angry with this woman for touching Him, and He is not angry with You. He knew she had touched Him, but He stopped and asked who did it in order to teach her something about faith. Although the woman was healed when she touched Him. Jesus said her faith caused the cure. If He didn't make this clarification, she may have walked away thinking the healing came from His cloak alone; which would have been a road leading towards idolatry.
It is about FAITH! Genuine faith involves action. When you pray, are you living in the faith that your request is the Will of God, or do you have that hidden fear that it just might not happen. If you have that fear, and you make decisions in that fear- sorry to tell you but you do not have faith. Faith that isn't put into action is not faith at all. It's actually something the enemy will use to get you angry at God. Don't fall for this. Live in FAITH!
Defined in the dictionary faith is Faith is the (1) CONFIDENT belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. (2) belief that is not based on proof:
Defined by God, "Now faith is the substance of things hope for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
Substance and evidence are things we can see, so start showing your faith in action.
Notes from my personal journal from these verses: "Whatever my situation, whatever my problem, Jesus stands ready to help me. Be determined to touch Jesus- he will meet the need through faith."
***********************************
Personal Prayer: LORD, where does my faith lack? I want to move in the faith, like this woman, who trusted in Your power to heal her. LORD, I desire healing in my body and in my life. I desire restoration and recovery of things lost and/or stolen from me by the enemy. I desire to be equipped with all I need to serve You. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God; and faith works through love. I repent of all discouragement that has fractured my faith and I call on the mighty name of Jesus; the Author and Finisher of my faith. Jesus restore my faith and show me how to rely solely on Your Holy Spirit. And Holy Spirit, give me the Gift of Faith- God's faith. Not the faith of man. I know there is so much You want to do in my life; I don't want to get in the way of the blessing that You have prepared for me. I'm reaching out to touch You LORD and I'm expecting my healing. In Your Name, Jesus. Amen (Romans 10:17; Galatians 5:6; Romans 14:23; Hebrew 12:2; John 16:7).

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
United We Serve: January 18th - The deadline to sign up for the opportunity at Belvedere Middle School (Los Angeles, Ca) with me, has been extended to THIS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13th at 8a. Please reply to this email if you're down to commit. Confirmations will now be sent January 14th.
For other opportunities: www.volunteermatch.org
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day
1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace...
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.
Spread The Good News: www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Peace comes when our minds stay on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment