Wednesday, June 24, 2009

7th Woe

PRAYER: LORD, You never cease to amaze me. Never! With all my heart I pray that the people in my life and on this earth get to know You the way I know You and beyond. I couldn't imagine living this life without You. And I really feel sorry for those who don't know You, especially those who don't want to know You. Because they are truly missing out. I don't think You're real, I don't hope You're real, I don't even believe You're real. I KNOW! You are the One true and living God. The God who knows me better than I know myself. The God who cares for me more than my own mother. A God who loved me since the beginning. I have an everlasting testimony that is still growing and I thank You for it. You have done mighty things in my life and there is no stopping You now. There is not one moment in my life that You were not there. Thank You for forgiving me for my mistakes and sins. Thank You moreover for building me up, even with the many messes I have made for myself. Thank You for directing my steps. Even when I don't know what I'm doing, You somehow place me exactly where I need to be. Not by magic, but by Your Holy Spirit who is my Counselor and keeps me in action and in step with Your Will. LORD, when I call, You come quickly. I'm thankful that You hear and recognize my voice every time. As David prayed, set a guard over my mouth and keep watch over my lips. Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with people who are evildoers. Help me to not refuse the righteous you set before me. I rebuke the irritation and annoyance that builds up so quickly within me, so that I can show Your love to Your people and accomplish Your work. I pray against the deeds of evildoers. The wicked will soon learn who is the Truth and Almighty. Make sure I keep my eyes on Jesus and let anyone who plots or hates against me fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety (Psalm 141). I don't only pray this for myself but for all Your children reading the Good News today. Thank You for calling us to not only serve You but love You and be loved by You. It's amazing! In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

MATTHEW 23 part 10
SEVEN WOES:
7th Woe-

Jesus speaking to the crowds and to his disciples:
29 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets." 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33 You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that had been shed on earth, for the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "

Isn't it funny that every generation thinks they are better than the previous and the next, yet, they end up making the same mistakes. The people of Jesus' generation said they would not act as their fathers did in killing the prophets whom God had sent to them (23:30), but they were about to kill the Messiah Himself and His faithful followers. Thus, they would become guilty of all the righteous blood shed through the centuries. Are you just repeating where people have failed before you? Or are you doing what you can to change the circumstances not only for you but for your future generations. Spiritually, morally, environmentally, financial, health-wise, educationally, etc. There are so may areas of opportunities where we can either do what has always been done and make things worse or we can learn from the mistakes being presented abruptly before us and make a difference. No matter how small-it is a difference; add on righteousness in the name of Jesus-you'll be an active part of releasing God's glory into this fallen world. What an honor that is, when you really think about it. How many of you are waiting for God to say, "Well done my good and faithful servant"? I know I am. And look, this by no means will make any one of us perfect; but our hearts will change and focus on what's really important than all of the nonsense that we place before doing God's work.

Jerusalem was the capital city of God's chosen people, the ancestral home of David, Israel's greatest human king, and the location of the Temple, the earthly dwelling place of God built faithfully by king Solomon. Jerusalem was intended to be the center of worship of the true God and a symbol of justice to all people. But Jerusalem had become blind to God and insensitive to human need. In verse 37, we see the depth of Jesus' feelings for lost people and for His beloved city, which would soon be destroyed. Jesus wanted to gather His people together as a hen protects her chicks under her wings, but they wouldn't let Him. Jesus also wants to protect you if you will just come to Him. Many times we hurt and don't know where to turn. We reject Christ's help because we don't think He can give us what we need. But who knows our needs better than our Creator? Those who turn to Jesus will find that He helps and comforts as no one else can. You can be saved and still not turn to Jesus. Stop looking to your parents, friends, significant other to cosign with you and make you feel better. Go to Jesus and get real peace. Not to disregard the fact that He may use your parents, friends, significant other and even strangers, but your level of trust starts with 1 choice; who do you go to first?

IT TRULY IS A BLESSING TO BE ABLE TO LEARN FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S MISTAKES.



No comments:

Post a Comment