Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fifth Woe

PRAYER: I give thanks to You LORD, for You are good. I give thanks to the God of gods. I give thanks to the LORD of lords: to You who alone does great wonders, who by His understanding made the heavens, who spread out the earth upon the waters, who made the great lights-the sun to govern the day, the moon and stars to govern the night; Your love endures forever. I give thanks to the One who remembers me in my low estate and has already freed me from my enemies, and who gives food to every creature. Your love endures forever. I give thanks to the God of heaven. My God, Your love endures forever. In Jesus' name. Amen (Psalm 136)


MATTHEW 23 part 8
SEVEN WOES:
5th Woe

Jesus speaking to the crowds and to his disciples:
25 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisees! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

Ask yourself this: Do I only do for God, when people are looking? Do I only talk the talk, when I'm around people who are or seem to be God-fearing?

Jesus condemned the Pharisees and religious leaders for outwardly appearing upright and holy but inwardly remaining full of corruption and greed. Living our Christianity merely as a show for others is like washing only the outside of a cup. When we are clean on the inside, our cleanliness on the outside won't be a sham.

DON'T BE A HYPOCRITE!
REMEMBER THE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS A JOURNEY NOT INSTANTANEOUS.


No comments:

Post a Comment