Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Third Woe

PRAYER: Gratefulness is flowing from my heart dear LORD. Thank You! In Jesus' name, Amen!


MATTHEW 23 part 6
SEVEN WOES:
3rd Woe-

Jesus speaking to the crowds and to his disciples:
16 Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

Blind guides today are those individuals who claim to know God and know what He wants and yet do not know His Word. They are living from their opinions and not from the Truth. They place emphasis on the things instead of the God that has created all things. I hear so many people say, "I think God just wants you to be a good person." This is usually used by those who don't want to go to church and/or don't believe in the Bible. Forget what you think. What do you KNOW? I know that I can never be good enough- and yet, my God loves me anyway. I know my God knew all the mistakes I was (and am) going to make and SAVED me anyway from the pit of hell. I know when no one else is listening, my God is listening to me. I know God is continuously correcting me, not because He wants to prove Himself right, but because He loves me and desires that I live life in Truth. I know when I'm discouraged, God gives me encouragement in the most perfect ways. I know when I'm confused, God leads me even before I ask Him. I know God carries me when I'm weak, because there are too many circumstances that I've been through, that only God can explain how I got through each one of them. And there is still so much more to learn about my God. It's about thinking heavenly, while still living on this earth. Check yourself and what you place importance in. If it is not God, it's wrong.

IT IS NOT ABOUT ACTS OR THINGS. IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment