Monday, June 15, 2009

Second Woe

PRAYER: Dear God, I thank You for the spiritual possessions you have given me through the experiences of life. If it were not for the trials I have come through; the things I have experienced, done and seen; the manifestations of Your Grace in my life, I would not be as spiritually rich as I am. I pray that I will be able to share my testimonies with others; that my life and words would help to draw people to You; that I will be able to make a positive difference in some one's life because of what you have allowed me to experience and to share with others. Thank You for the lessons I have learned. Most of all, thank You for being there with me through it all and for carrying me so much of the way. I love to feel Your Presence. I seek Your face. Strengthen my faith and grant me the strength I need for daily living... and for the unexpected things that come my way. Bless me, LORD, that I may be a blessing to others. I praise You and thank You for who You are and all You do. In Jesus' name. Amen

MATTHEW 23 part 5
SEVEN WOES:
2nd woe-

Jesus speaking to the crowds and to his disciples:
15 Woe to you, teachers of the Law and the Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

The Pharisees' converts were attracted to Pharisaism, not to God. By getting caught up in the details of their additional laws and regulations, they completely missed God, to whom the laws pointed. A religion of deeds puts pressure on people to surpass others in what they know and do. Thus, a hypocritical teacher was likely to have students who were even more hypocritical. We must make sure we are not creating Pharisees by emphasizing outward obedience at the expense of inner renewal. If you ever feel The Good News is emphasizing the wrong thing, speak up on it. None of us are going to ever be perfect or ever get everything right, but my desire is for all our spirits, minds, and souls to be continually transformed by God, to live a life that honors Him and shows our love for Him and His love for each of us. Allowing supernatural things to be done through us for His Kingdom.

WHAT IS YOUR ATTRACTION: BELONGING/FITTING IN OR GETTING TO KNOW GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment