Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God's Word & Power

PRAYER: (Psalm 119)Sustain (strengthen & support) me according to Your promise dear LORD and I will live.  Give me discernment in every area of my life.  I declare this the time for You to act heavenly Father on my behalf.  Turn to me and have mercy on me, as You do for those who love Your Name.  Direct my footsteps according to Your Word.  Let no sin rule over me.  Redeem me from the oppression of people, that I may obey You.  Give me understanding that I may live and so that I place my hope for all things in You.  Hear my voice in accordance with Your love.  You are truly the only One that can make everything right.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen

MATTHEW 22:23-33 part 1
MARRIAGE AT THE RESURRECTION:

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to (Jesus) with a question.  24 "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow  and have children for him.  25 Now there were seven brothers among us.  The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.  26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.  27 "No then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29 Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures, or the power of God.  30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like angels in heaven.  31 But about the resurrection of the dead-have you not read what God said to you, 32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?  He is not the God of the dead but of the living."   
33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

 
"YOU ARE IN ERROR BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW THE SCRIPTURE OR THE POWER OF GOD."  This statement from Jesus to the Sadducees struck a strong chord, and I knew it was something we needed to visit.  People claim to know whom God is, what God wants, how God moves... but how do they know this information?  When you don't know the Word, YOU DO NOT KNOW GOD.  We read in Scripture, that they only way to get to know God, to learn what He desires, to retain His promises is through His Word.  He didn't provide this book as fables and fairy tales.  He left it here for us to come to get to know Him, why He does things, and His patterns of doing what He does.  This does not mean, memorizing Scripture; it goes far beyond that.  Jesus lived by the Word.  He knew His Father and His Father's Word.  When we seek His Word, the Holy Spirit is able to reveal more and more to us.  Things that never made sense before (scriptural and natural), begin to make sense, we see things in a different light and you're able to see God's power work in Your life.  Use the Good News, sermons, Bible Studies as tools to learn God's Word.  Don't be in error, know the power of God.  It's amazing!

ARE YOU IN ERROR BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORD AND POWER OF GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment