Monday, December 21, 2009

TGN: Light

TGN would like to thank everyone who donated items and time to our adopted family. We made the drop today and the appreciation and joy was so wonderful. We had such a huge overflow of donations, that we were also able to give items to a fellow TGN reader who is serving the homeless this month with food and blankets. We also plan to hook up another family with all we have left. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! God bless you and your generous hearts.


Personal Prayer: Heavenly Father, You have searched me and You know me. You know everything there is to know about me, there is not one secret I can keep from You. You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar; You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before I speak, You know every word that will exit my mouth. You go before me and You follow me. What You know and understand is too wonderful for me, too high for me to attain, but Your Spirit is always with me. I can't flee from Your presence, nor do I desire to ever be without Your presence. Everywhere I go, Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast; just as You did for David. You can see through the darkness and You come after me especially when I've walked right into it. You created my inmost being. You knitted me together in my mother's womb. Praise You LORD, because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. All of Your works are wonderful and that includes me. I am wonderful in the eyes of my Savior. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place and woven together in the depths of the earth. Your awesome eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before they even came to be. How amazing to know that You were thinking about me before I even existed. I am always with You; Your vast sum of thoughts need to be precious to me. Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. In the precious name of Jesus I offer these words of David unto You. Amen (Psalm 139).

-------------------------------
-------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 4:21-25 (NLT)
A Lamp on a Stand

Parable of the Lamp
 21 Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. 22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light. 23 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
 24 Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given— and you will receive even more. 25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."

------

The light of Jesus' truth is revealed to us, not hidden. But we may not be able to see or to use all of that truth right now. Only as we put God's teachings into practice will we understand and see more truth. The truth is clear! Our ability to understand is imperfect, because of our sinful spiritual conditions-the reception and/or interpretation can be distorted, not clear, confused. But as we get serious about our relationship with God, our actions (should) change; obedience becomes priority. As we obey, we sharpen our vision and increase our understanding (James 1:22-25). As we increase, those around us should benefit as well. If a lamp doesn't help people see, it is useless. We need to check and see if anything has extinguished our light. Complacency, relationship(s), laziness, resentment, stubbornness of heart, overloaded schedules, isolation, disobedience and much more could be keeping God's light from shinning through you to others.

DOES YOUR LIFE SHOW OTHER PEOPLE HOW TO FIND GOD AND HOW TO LIVE FOR HIM?
-pray specifically over what is blocking the light in you and for those in your life. We should be shinning fam.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."
***********************************
TGN GIVEAWAY: Thanks to the overflow of a generous donation, TGN has a brand new Nick Jr. Dora & Boots backpack and sports water bottle to give away. All you have to do is be the first to answer this question correctly & I will get it to you:

When we were studying the Gospel of Matthew, we took the time to discuss Peter and his actions during Jesus' arrest. What were the 3 key things that TGN suggested that we all remember when seeking God's answer?

Help: Even if you don't save TGN, they are located somewhere else...
***********************************

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (H. MacDonald), and Life Application Study Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT


What makes us special is... The signature of God on our lives. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment