Monday, December 7, 2009

TGN: Thaddaeus

Prayer: Father, I come before You and confess every sin, every thought that is not pleasing to You; every action I've done, or desire to do, that does not follow Your commands; LORD, I confess the things I should give up, but for some reason I keep holding on to them; I confess it all O God, to first ask for Your forgiveness and second to obtain Your ever-present Help to get me through this process of turning from it all. For You are on my side. I do understand, that confession doesn't mean it won't continue to tempt me, it doesn't mean I won't make mistakes. Confession opens the door to You and clears out the lies that I'm unworthy, depressed, dirty, unloved, ashamed, rejected, guilty,fearful, meant to be alone, beyond help... The truth is that everything points to the love You have for me, as my Father, LORD, Savior, Holy Spirit and Friend. I rebuke the enemy's plan, to get me to entertain those destructive feelings, to open the door to affliction and invasion of peace. Confession keeps me on the road of eliminating the control it may have over my life. Confession, makes You my Master and not my sin. I desire to turn to my King of mercy and favor, according to Your righteousness. Confession keeps me alert. My running away from You stops today. For You are greater than my very heart and therefore I give it all to You. I'm not here to try You out; I'm here to acknowledge Your work in every area of my life-always. Jesus, thank You for the peace that only You can give to me; peace that is nothing like the world's peace. In Your mighty name I pray with my whole heart. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
THE TWELVE DISCIPLES/APOSTLES*part 11*

Mark 3 v. 13-19 (NIV)
Emphasis on v. 18

13 Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve— designating them apostles— that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons. 16 These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means Sons of Thunder); 18 Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus...

------

Jesus' faithful disciples were ordinary men who became extraordinary because of Jesus Christ. Despite their confusion and lack of understanding during His lifetime, they became powerful witnesses to His resurrection. Their lives were transformed by God's power.

Next is...

THADDAEUS

*Judas son of James

*Occupation: Unknown

*Outstanding Characteristics: Unknown

*Major Events in Thaddaeus' Life:
1) Thaddaeus asked Jesus why He would reveal himself to His followers and not to the world.

*What Jesus said about Thaddaeus: Unknown

* A Key Lesson from Thaddaeus' life: Christians follow Jesus because they believe in Him; they do not always understand the details of God's plan.
Actually most of the time we won't understand. But what we ought to know is that we can trust Him.

DO YOU REALLY TRUST THE LORD?

Jesus makes impact with ordinary people.
**********************************************************************
Prayer: I trust You, the Great I AM! I trust You, Ancient of Days! I trust You, my faithful Friend, in (be specific-list it all out-give details)... Jesus, in everything-You are all that I can trust. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." 1 John 5:3-5.

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, and Life Application Study Bible.
Selected References: Matthew 10:3; Mark 3:18; John 14:22
The story of Jesus' disciples does not end with the 4 Gospels, it continues in the books of Act and many of the letters.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment