Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TGN: Simon the Zealot

Prayer: LORD, You've been so good to me. I proclaim that I am forgiven, washed by the blood of Jesus, and restored. I don't care how many times I have to confess the same sin to You; I will continue to confess it. Not because I don't believe in Your forgiveness, but because I will not allow the enemy any power in bringing it up again. Only with You do I have the Strength to fight the condemnation, guilt, shame and, even the desire to give in to it again. I love You Jesus, and I thank You for all that You do for me to succeed in this life and eternity with You. All because You love me. I'm so blessed, I love You. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
THE TWELVE DISCIPLES/APOSTLES*part 12*

Mark 3 v. 13-19 (NIV)
Emphasis on v. 18

13 Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve— designating them apostles— that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons. 16 These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter) 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means Sons of Thunder); 18 Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot...

------

Let's see how Jesus made an impact with our next apostle...

SIMON
The Zealot (Zealots were Jewish nationalist who opposed the Roman occupation of Palestine)

*Occupation: Unknown

*Outstanding Characteristics: Fierce patriotism

*Major Events in Simon the Zealot's Life:
1) Became a disciple of Jesus.

*What Jesus said about Simon the Zealot: Unknown

* A Key Lesson from Simon the Zealot's life: If we are willing to give up OUR plans for the future, we can participate in Jesus' plans.

ARE YOU SURE YOUR PLANS LINE UP WITH JESUS' PLANS FOR YOU?

One more disciple to go!
**********************************************************************
Prayer: LORD, show me where my plans do not line up with Your purposes for my life. Show me how to tackle selfish ambition; in order to get to self less, sacrificial, obedient service to You, in all that I do. I know when my eyes are on You, Your Word is in my heart and my spirit is connected with Your Spirit, I'm on the right track. This life is for You, not for me. I give it to You Jesus. Thank You for giving Yours for me. I'm so grateful that You live! In Your name. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, and Life Application Study Bible.
Selected References: Matthew 10:4; Mark 3:18; Luke 6:15
The story of Jesus' disciples does not end with the 4 Gospels, it continues in the books of Act and many of the letters.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment