Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In Agreement...

PRAYER (via CCC): Father, open the eyes of my understanding so that I may see the value of regularly joining with my brothers and sisters in the LORD to corporately worship You as a community of believers.  Show me how to look past my bad experiences and guide me on my search for a fellowship that operates on Your Word and teaches Your Word.  As Your Word declares, don't let me give up meeting with others, as some are in the habit of doing.  We need to encourage one another and all the more as we see the Day approaching (Hebrew 10:25).  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

MATTHEW 18:15-20 part 4
A BROTHER WHO SINS AGAINST YOU: 

(Jesus speaking to His disciples) "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

When Jesus spoke these words, He was looking ahead to a new day when He would be present with His followers not in body, but through His Holy Spirit.  This is definitely now.  In the body of believers (the church), the sincere agreement of two people in prayer is more powerful than the superficial agreement of thousands, because Christ's Holy Spirit is with them.  Two or more believers, filled with the Holy Spirit, will pray according to God's will, not their own; thus, their request will be granted.

ARE YOU PRAYING ACCORDING TO GOD'S WILL OR YOUR OWN?

No comments:

Post a Comment