Monday, April 27, 2009

Saved...

PRAYER: LORD, show us how to take our decisions more seriously.  No matter how big or small, to realize that our decisions matter.  Show us how to bless You LORD, to draw near to You in every way and to rejoice in You always.  I ask for Your Spirit of Wisdom rest on those who are helping Your children, I pray that Your Healing Spirit rest on those in the hospital and as Your Spirit is resting on us that Your glory is revealed and recognized within it all.  Let us praise Your name forever.  Hallelujah.  In Jesus name, amen.

MATTHEW 19:16-30 part 4
THE RICH YOUNG MAN: 
emphasis on verses 21-23

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Hello!  So I've given you some time (not purposely LOL, but maybe we needed it) to really dig deep into what Jesus has exposed to you.  What are your weaknesses?  Have you made any steps to do what God is telling you to do?  For me, I feel like some things are easier than others.  And sometimes, I wonder if I'm ever going to get it.  My mind is always running wild, and I sometimes act out of impulse instead of discernment.  But I can be thankful that God still wants to accomplish His plans through me.  And He is so patient with me.  Do you know how patient God is with us?  That He loves us unconditionally?  That He knows what we're going to do before we even do it?  There's no way we can disappoint God.  He knows who we truly are and calls us to Himself anyway.  How awesome is that?!?  With God everything is possible.  There is no limit to what our God can do.  Are you placing limits on God?  We usually do this, when we can't wait for His direction and instead do it our own way.  We're saying, "I can't wait for God,"  "He's not going to come through for me."  We have to build our faith in Christ, not in self or riches.  On what are you counting on your salvation?

DOES JESUS SAVE OR DO YOU SAVE YOURSELF?


No comments:

Post a Comment