Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Take It To Church

PRAYER (via CCC): Father, continually create in me a heart that hungers to know Your thoughts, desires, and plans for my life so that I will cherish knowing the truth of Your Word more than I cherish my daily bread and everything else that I have placed before You.  Your Word makes me wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15).  Continually show me how to do my best to present myself to You as approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed of anything; especially the God I serve, and who correctly handles the Word of truth in my life (2 Timothy 2:15).  I love You Jesus and in Your name I pray.  Amen.

MATTHEW 18:15-20 part 3
A BROTHER WHO SINS AGAINST YOU: 

(Jesus speaking to His disciples) "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

When you have a problem, when you're in trouble-who do you turn to in life?  I haven't always been this way, but as of late-it's been extremely important to turn to those I know will pray to God for me.  Even in times of happiness and good times; those who are committed to prayer and believe in the power of prayer are the ones that come to mind first.  These people are what we call the church-a body of believers who believe in our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ.  They believe in all that He came to earth to do on our behalf and all that He is still doing.  They believe in the power of His name, the forgiveness of our sins through Him and all that He can do in our lives to keep us in purpose.  This does not make any one of us perfect by any means.  But we're linked together by faith and therefore there's a Godly trust there.  And God leads each one of us to live in wisdom, so that we know who is the real deal and who is not; the Holy Spirit is sensitive to this and will continually guide you in wise counsel as you take time to heed to Him.

As for the verse above, Jesus tells the disciples that they should take it to the church if the brother refuses to listen.  Ideally, the church's decisions should be God-guided and based on discernment of God's Word.  Believers have the responsibility, therefore, to bring their problems to the church, and the church has the responsibility to use God's guidance in seeking to resolve conflicts.  You are the church!  Give people Godly advice, not just personal opinion.  Handling problems God's way will have an impact now and for eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment