Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Children & Accountability

Please keep me accountable.  If I'm lacking in sending The Good News, check up with me.  Knowing that you're looking out for the Word encourages me not to slack off.
If you stopped receiving The Good News and are wondering why you're receiving The Good News again-it's because you've inquired about it personally and haven't signed up on mac.groups.com or checked out the blog where The Good News is also available; and it was placed on my heart to make sure you get it.  Be encouraged!

PRAYER: Today is a good day LORD!  I believe that there is way more good to be on the look out for, instead of all the things that we instantly see that annoys, irritates, sets us on edge, or brings us low.  Thank You LORD, for providing that good.  I pray that we don't miss it.  That we earnestly seek it.  That we don't wait for it to be brought to us, but that we seek You in everything that we do.  As I've asked before show each one of us how to experience this day and every day with full expectancy of what You have set out for us.  Show us how to remove the fear from our heart and operate in full boldness and on the security of Your Word.  Let us see and act on the opportunities to be a blessing to others, strangers-friends-family members alike.  You are an able God.  You are a faithful God.  And You will do everything You have promised.  I trust You with my heart, my soul, my life, with everything.  Thank You LORD for caring about each and every one of Your children.  How good you are!  In Jesus' name, amen.

MATTHEW 18:1-9 part 3
THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: 

(Jesus) And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!  If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Everyone doesn't want children.  I am one of those people who does, and I am looking forward to the day that journey and responsibility begins.  But as stated in The Good News from March 19th, this responsibility has already begun.  It doesn't matter that I don't have children of my own.  I'm definitely in the presence of children from time to time.  Children are trusting by nature.  Because they trust adults, they are easily led to faith in Christ.  God holds parents and other adults accountable for how they influence these little ones.  Jesus warned that anyone who tuns little children away from faith in Him will receive severe punishment.

It is important to rebuke sin.  We must remove stumbling blocks in our lives that cause us to sin.  This does not mean to cut off part of the body.  For the church (believers in Christ: you and me-not the building) it means that any person, program, or teaching that threatens the spiritual growth of the body (believers in Christ: you and me-not the physical body) must be removed.  For the individual, any relationship, practice, or activity that leads to sin should be stopped.  Jesus says it would be better to go to heaven with one hand than to hell with both.  Sin, of course, affects more than our hands; it affects our mind and heart.  Trust me, at this exact moment in life, I needed to be reminded of this principle.  As a friend encouraged me earlier this week, don't let your emotions fool you into accepting actions that are against God; not in His timing or of His law.  Whew!  I seriously needed to "hear" that again.

To revisit responsibility again, it's not only important to avoid sin but it's crucial not to lead other people into temptation.  Jesus warned the disciples about two ways to cause others to sin; tempting them and neglecting or demeaning them.  As leaders, we are to help young people, new believers and one another avoid anything or anyone that could cause them to stumble in their faith and lead them to sin.  Don't take your faith lightly.  Remember YOUR faith is vital to YOUR relationship with God.  Satan is after YOUR faith for that very reason.  We must never take lightly the spiritual education and protection of those young in age or faith; and even those that seem to be spiritually mature.  We absolutely need God but we also need one another in this journey-don't try to do it alone.

LETS BE THERE FOR ONE ANOTHER AND HOLD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE. 
 IT IS THAT SERIOUS!

I still owe you a post about SXSW.  I wanted to just post some pictures of the scene in Austin.  I will do that soon.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment