Monday, March 8, 2010

Are Your Actions Displaying Your Shame?

TGN has a new home at TGN Daily! 
Please check it out at www.tgndaily.wordpress.com and take a second to subscribe to receive TGN Daily!

Praise God for this new home!
All archives of TGN can still be found here at www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com

If you have any questions feel free to ask!  Best-

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
IT'S TIME TO PRAY!  SPEAK TO GOD TODAY!
*ALL prayers are heard by God in the Name of Jesus.*
Then get into the Word for the day.


www.biblegateway.com
Mark 8:34-38 (NKJV) *part 2*


:35-38 (emphasis) "Whoever is ashamed of Me..."

35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit to all of you, that sometimes I get self-conscious and I question myself.  "Am I ashamed of You LORD?"  Well let me explain more.

I love placing positive affirmations of Jesus and faith at the end of my emails, as my signatures.   Many of you have seen them.  But sometimes, when I send an email to someone, who may only know me professionally or in the days when I wasn't living so righteously- I question whether I should remove it.  Will they find me preachy?  Overly religious even?  I rebuke the enemy in those instances and I rebuke him now; because WHO CARES!!  Jesus is my everything, and I am not ashamed of Him.  I often have to remind myself that if people separate themselves from me, strictly because of my relationship with God...  well I just may be better off without them.  It may seem like a small thing to you.  But it's huge for me.  I want my faith and Whom I have faith in to show before I do.

What instances in your life can you apply this to?

Jesus constantly turns the world's perspective upside down with talk of first and last, saving and losing.  Here He gives us a choice, because that is the God we serve; He doesn't force us to do anything.  We can reject Jesus now and be rejected by Him at His second coming, or we can accept Him now and be accepted by Him then.  Rejecting Christ may help us escape shame for the time being on earth, but it will guarantee an eternity of shame later.

And for those of you who say, well Jesus would have to be a harsh God to reject me at the gate.  Well, it's not a harsh move at all.  It is simply respecting the choice YOU made to live without Him during your relatively short time on earth (compared to eternity anyway).  It is up to you.  Will you accept Jesus in EVERY area of your life or will you reject Him?

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Prayer:  Jesus, I am not ashamed of You.  You are the best thing about me; You in Me, is the most amazing gift that could ever exist.  LORD, forgive me for any time I have been so unkind to You and hurt You by not allowing my love for You to come forth before others; nor in loving or serving others.  You are the great God of my salvation.  You are my LORD, and my King.  You are High and Lifted Up.  Don't let me miss another beat.  My desire is to serve You LORD, in a manner that honors You.  In the manner that You have instructed me to serve You.  In a manner that touches every inch of my life.  I pray that I delight in You through my obedience Father, each and every day.  I acknowledge and take heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below.  There is no other.  I will keep Your decrees and commands, so that it may go well with me and the generations that come after me; and that I may live long in the Promise You have given me for all time.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen (Deuteronomy 4:39-40).

- I believe You may have more to say...so keep Your prayer going, this is just to give you a jump start.  Let it all out for God.


Some great Praise music from Africa - http://www.goexplo.co.za/goexplo/




**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment