Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We Can't Be Neutral For Jesus

ACKNOWLEDGE AND WELCOME GOD, BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO READ...


*************************************************
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 9:38-41 (NKJV) *part 2*
emphasis on v. 40,41 Souled Out For Jesus
Jesus speaking to the disciples: 40 "For he who is not against us is on our side. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward."
♥--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♥
From Jesus' answer above, you may get the wrong impression.  Some may begin to think that simply being neutral, is OK with God.  Jesus is not saying that being indifferent or neutral toward Him is as good as being committed.  As He explained in Matthew 12:30, "Anyone who isn't helping me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me." (LASB).  In both cases, Jesus was pointing out the neutrality toward Him is not possible
In Jesus' eyes, whoever welcomes a child welcomes Jesus; just as giving a cup of cold water to a person in need is the same as giving an offering to God.  By contrast harming others or failing to care for them is a sin, even if they are unimportant people in the world's eyes - they are not unimportant to God.  Remember, our faith is revealed in our actions and the motives behind them.  Faith is not activated through neutrality. 
It is possible to be thoughtless, selfish people to gain a measure of worldly greatness, but lasting greatness is measured by God's standards.   Are you fired up for the everlasting?  I know, "forever, ever" is a hard Truth to grasp, but it is real and Jesus has given it to YOU.  Lasting greatness is where my eyes are focused, there is no neutral in me.  How about you?  Ask yourself, where are you hiding in the "neutral' spot?
Between the two, what do you use as your measure of greatness - personal achievement or unselfish service? 
In other words, YOU or God?

**********************************************************
Daily Prayer: Heavenly Father, what a great day You have in store.  I call it great, because You have made this day and I am trusting You.  I'm standing on Your promises, and not the problems.  I'm living in your mercy and grace in kindness that You richly bless me with each and every moment of my day.  I'm expecting increase in every area, because it is Your wisdom that I'm choosing to guide me.  For through obedience, I can expect blessings.  Disobedience just opens the door to curses.  By Your Spirit, I am walking towards the God-sized vision that You have placed in me.  I will not serve You passively, but boldly - alone and before all the individuals - believers and non-believers - that You place before me.  I will not be neutral on Jesus.  I love You, my King.  Thank You for always loving me.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment