Friday, March 19, 2010

Motives

→IT'S TIME TO PRAY... go right ahead, you can do it!

*************************************************
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 9:33-37 (NKJV)

Who is the Greatest?


33 Then (Jesus) came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road?” 34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.

♥--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♥
The disciples, caught up in their constant struggle for personal success, were embarrassed to answer Jesus' question.  It is always painful to compare our motive with Christ's. I believe this is what the Holy Spirit is calling us to look at today: OUR MOTIVES. 

If Jesus asked you the  questions below today, would you be embarrassed to answer?  Let's check them out...

What are your motives in your life? 

What drives you to do what you do each and every day?

What are your motives in taking this faith walk with Jesus?

What is your motive for going/or not going to church?

What are your motives for praying?

What are your motives for fasting?

What are your motives in reading TGN (or any daily email)? 

What are your motives in sending that person that email forward?

What are your motives in being kind to someone? 

What are your motives in being rude to someone else?


What are your motives in dressing in the morning? 

What are your motives in speaking to others? 

What are you motives at work? 

What are your motives for and towards your family (your kids)?

What are your motives in staying with that man/woman?

What are your motives in pursuing that man/woman?

What are your motives in business? 

What are your motives?

Today, I challenge each of us to really know what are motives are in doing all that we do.  I want us to come to a full understanding of where our ambitions are leading us.  Are our ambitions pushing obedience, service, love and care to one side and allowing selfishness to reign?  Selfishness is our human nature but it is NOT of God. We all need God's help and grace in this matter.  Trust me we cannot handle it on our own.  This is why it is time to bring this before God; admit it; repent of it; ask for forgiveness; accept our forgiveness; and be obedient to the changes God wants to make in us. 

When ambition pushes obedience and service and love and care to one side and allows selfishness to reign, it becomes sin.  Pride or insecurity can cause us toover-value all of the wrong things, such as position and prestige; whatever makes SELF look good.  In God's Kingdom, such motives are destructiveThe only safe ambition is directed toward Christ, not our own advancement.

Let me type that again:  The only safe ambition is directed toward Christ, not our own advancement. We have to check our motives often, because they are so easy to cover up; they easily become apart of us.  If they are not godly motives they will destroy us.  I don't care how good your life might seem to be, withoutGod - it is not worth it.  For He is worth everything!  Give Him all of you, today, lets start with those motives!
Be encouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**********************************************************
Daily Prayer:  Heavenly Father I come before You, laying my motives at the altar to be fully checked by You.  LORD, where have I taken my eyes off of You and placed them on something/someone else, or even on myself.  LORD break me where I have pride and move me to long forbrokenness .  For a proud heart keeps running into the same obstacles, and is defeated again and again.  But a broken heart victoriously conquers new ground daily.  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  Point out anything in me that offends you, andlead me along the path of everlasting life.  For I long to be with You.   Show me how to focus on You in order to be lead by you in all that I do.  In themighty mighty mighty, everlasting Name of Jesus.  Amen (Psalm 139).

This is a song that speaks to my heart all of the time!!!  I hope it speaks to your today!  God loves you so much!




Micah Stampley - Take my life (Holiness)
Uploaded by wanzea. - See the latest featured music videos.

Sorry about that bad cut at the end.  I couldn't locate a better version.

*Prayer Reference: The Invisible  Bond -Barbara Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment