Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Faith...again! It's Important

If you don't know me personally, you don't know what a music head I am; of ALL music. If you worked with me, you could hear me saying all day, "I KNOW MUSIC!" Well, music has disappointed me for a while now, and I've been waiting for excellent music to love and get excited about again. A friend from the old school has blessed me with some excellent Hip Hop for God. I've found a few gems to bring me back to my style of Hip Hop. I'll be featuring the artists I like for the rest of the week. Let me know your thoughts and enjoy!

Today's Featured Artist:
Shai Linne http://www.myspace.com/shailinne

This video & song is really cool- gospel knowledge:



**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Daily Prayer: The LORD is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil advances against me, those who part-take in it will stumble and fall. Whatever comes after me, my heart will not fear; though opposition breaks out against me, even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of You LORD, like David, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at His tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD. Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek His face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn Your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. Though people in my life have and will forsake me, from relatives to friends, the LORD will receive me. Teach me Your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, or to whatever/whomever may rise up against me. I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD, You tell me; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. In Jesus' Name. Amen (Psalm 27).

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 8 (NLT)

:22-26 Jesus Heals a Blind Man

22 When they arrived at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus, and they begged him to touch the man and heal him. 23 Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. Then, spitting on the man’s eyes, he laid his hands on him and asked, “Can you see anything now?”

24 The man looked around. “Yes,” he said, “I see people, but I can’t see them very clearly. They look like trees walking around.”

25 Then Jesus placed his hands on the man’s eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him away, saying, “Don’t go back into the village on your way home.”



-----------------------------------------------------------

What can we learn from this healing?

We can learn that spiritual truth is not always perceived clearly at first. We live life on levels, arriving in stages (A.R. Bernard, CCC), but through it all we have to live from faith. Most promises in our lives will reveal themselves in stages; happening gradually rather than instantaneous. Why? Because God knows we would be overwhelmed with everything He has planned for us, if we received it all at once. We would most definitely mess everything up, because we're just not ready for what we think we're ready for- a majority of the time. Our LORD has much to teach us and build in us throughout the entire process. So welcome it. Welcome the time that it takes to get to where we are purposed to go. Stop grumbling like Israel about it not going your way. Work with God and according to His commands; not against Him- and thank God all the time, for handling each circumstance in His way.

Don't forget, before the (once blind) man was excused from Jesus' presence, he was healed completely. And you too will receive everything God has promised. You may not be able to see it visibly, touch it, nor understand it right now... but this doesn't mean that it is not on it's way. "You once were blind, but now (little by little, every day as You seek Jesus), you see." Faith is so very important, and that faith needs to be in God alone.

God is calling for our FAITH!!!!!!!

What do you have to let go of? What in your thinking do you need to change? What in your daily life do you need to remove? What negatives do you need to stop declaring over your present and future? How much time are you really spending with God alone? These are important questions to answer if you're really looking for what only God can offer.


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Prayer: I need Your help LORD in strengthening my faith in You. I want to trust You but I just don't know how to completely. But You know my heart, dear LORD- and it's a heart that desires more and more of You. I desire that my life goes Your way and not mine. Help me to take even the smallest steps in my actions that will increase my faith in You. You're Whom I want to trust. You're Whom I want to guide me. You're the Way I want to go. Show me how to appreciate the step by step process; the steady yet unbreakable build to the success You have planned for me in every single area of my life. I live to serve, honor and love You, My awesome Heavenly Father. You created me to praise You. Hallelujah. Let me praise You in all I do. In Your Son's Name I pray. Amen.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment