Thursday, February 18, 2010

TGN: What was His Message?

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Daily Prayer: Heavenly Father, I know that Your blessings are found in my obedience to Your Word. Help me to learn and understand Your Word, so that I can obey You, LORD, in the handling of every area of my life, that I may be a good steward over all you have given me. In Jesus' Name. Amen
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
*If TGN isn't delivered to you early enough; You will always be able to find the fresh daily Word at www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com - save it in your favorites!

www.biblegateway.com
Mark 7:31-37 (NLT)
Jesus Heals a Deaf Man

31 Jesus left Tyre and went up to Sidon before going back to the Sea of Galilee and the region of the Ten Towns. 32 A deaf man with a speech impediment was brought to him, and the people begged Jesus to lay his hands on the man to heal him.

33 Jesus led him away from the crowd so they could be alone. He put his fingers into the man's ears. Then, spitting on his own fingers, he touched the man's tongue. 34 Looking up to heaven, he sighed and said, "Ephphatha," which means, "Be opened!" 35 Instantly the man could hear perfectly, and his tongue was freed so he could speak plainly!

36 Jesus told the crowd not to tell anyone, but the more he told them not to, the more they spread the news.

37 They were completely amazed and said again and again, "Everything he does is wonderful. He even makes the deaf to hear and gives speech to those who cannot speak."

-----------------------------------------------------------

It use to trip me out how Jesus would instruct those He healed not to tell anyone.  Because the more He did, the more they kept talking about it. In my personal journal I wrote, "LORD, what was the purpose of this?" He had to know the people would talk regardless- and Jesus lived a life of purpose.

Well today, I received great revelation. I can't exclaim loud enough, how on time God always is when we seek and ask. All I had to do was right it in my journal and He sent the answer. Our Heavenly Father really is amazing.

Jesus asked the people not to talk about healing, because He didn't want to be seen simply as a miracle worker. He didn't want the people to miss His real message. Do you know what Jesus' real message is? Or is Jesus just a "holy genie;" there to grant your needs, wishes and desires?

We must not be so concerned about what Jesus can do for us that we forget to listen to His message, and obey what He told us to do. Jesus told us how we're suppose to live; how we're suppose to handle situations; how we're suppose to love and honor God; He told us to repent; He commanded us to love one another; He taught us about true forgiveness; He taught us about the power of the blood- and so much more.

It is true that everything that Jesus did and still does is done well and is wonderful. Dying on the cross for our sins was huge! I'll never diminish the importance of His death and resurrection. But we can't forget His life's work. What He told the people, and what He not only preached but lived. Jesus gave His life for each and every one of us, in trust of the God who resurrected Him. Can't we live an obedient life in honor of His sacrifice, with the trust in the same Father that continually came through for Jesus to come through for us?

I like to be fed well when it comes to the Word; so I also subscribe to Joel & Victoria Osteen daily emails. I believe the message from 2/18 titled: Change Your Focus; fits perfectly with TGN today. Jesus didn't want the people talking about the healing because the healing shouldn't be the focus. Healing is a great and wonderful thing but GOD SHOULD BE OUR FOCUS.
Here you go! Hope you're blessed by it....

"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things"
(I Thessalonians 4:12, NIV)

When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ's representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.

Notice this verse doesn't say, "Go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will respect you." It doesn't say, "Win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven." No, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means always taking the high road and living a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means going out with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.

Remember, you will become like whoever you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you'll develop His character. You'll win the respect of outsiders and bring glory to your Father in heaven!

I've incorporated their prayer for today in the TGN prayer below as well. CHANGE YOUR FOCUS!

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Daily Prayer: Heavenly Father, You have called me into a fellowship with Your Son Jesus Christ our LORD. You are faithful and I can trust You to keep me strong to the end, so that I will be blameless on the day of our LORD Jesus Christ. LORD, forgive me for forgetting the Message; for allowing anything to come before what Jesus lived to teach. You are LOVE, Father. And I ask that You show me where this is lacking inside of me and in my life. I ask that You minister the healing that can only come from You. To not just change my life LORD, but to strengthen my relationship with You and with others. I also lift up those reading The Good News today, who do not know Jesus; I pray that each person answers Your call for their hearts and their lives. That they confess their sins to You and trust in Your promise to be Who You are: Faithful and Just, all the days of their lives, including eternity. I dedicate every area of my mind, will, and emotions to You today. Help me live my daily life as an example of You. Show me anything in my life that is displeasing to You. Let my daily life win the respect of others through Your holy message and let everything I do bring glory to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9; 1 John 1:9; Joel & Victoria Osteen).

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
GIVING OPPORTUNITY: If you have an x-box 360 or know someone who does, please respond today. Not asking you to give away your X-box. I'm giving something away.

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible, Prayer CCC.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME revelation...focus needs to be on the message and living it. Glory to God!!!

    ReplyDelete