Friday, February 26, 2010

"Who Do You Say That I Am?"

ATTENTION EAST COAST: NY AND NJ - I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS SELLING A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT NEED TO GO NOW! MOVING SALE!  IF YOU'RE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT HER THROUGH THE LINKS BELOW.


http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/fuo/1618058113.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/ele/1618068081.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/fuo/1618049761.html

We interrupt my Hip Hop for God promotion to help out a friend in need.  I wish I was on the East just to get that TV!  LOL

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Prayer:  LORD, thank you for boldness!  You make your children bold; able to stand strong and fear nothing.  Because nothing can defeat the God that we serve.  Nothing can stop You from whatever You have planned for each of our lives.  You are the God of Abraham and Moses.  You are the God that walked with Enoch.  You are the God of King David and Solomon.  You are the God of Ruth and Esther.  You are the God of Jeremiah and Elijah.  You are the God of Paul and Barnabas.  You are the God of Elizabeth, Mary and Anna.  You are the God of John and Peter.  You are the Father of Jesus.  And You are my God.  The same yesterday, today and forever more.  You are my Father.  You are my Friend.  You are my Savior.  You are my Redeemer.  You are my Healer.  You are my Stronghold.  You are my Right Arm.  You are my Victory.  You are mine, because I am Yours. You are an awesome God.  I can't stop praising Your Name.  I can't stop thinking about Your Greatness.  I can't stop appreciating Your Faithfulness.  Let each person who seeks Your Good News and blesses their spirit and lives with it prosper in ways that they can't even imagine. For the work that You build and put Your children in charge of is never in vain.  Bless Your Name.  Amen.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
www.biblegateway.com
Mark 8 (NLT)

:27- 30 Jesus Asks What The People Are Saying About Him

27 Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. As they were walking along, he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”

28 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets.”

29 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

   Peter replied, “You are the Messiah (Christ).”

30 But Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.



-----------------------------------------------------------

Jesus asked the disciples who other people thought He was; then He asked them the same question.

So I propose this same question to you.  Who do you say Jesus is?

My answer to this question: Jesus is the Son of God, the Lamb of God, He is the Way (the only way to the Father), He is the Word, He is Truth and Light, He is MY living Savior, MY King, MY Redeemer, MY LORD, My Peace, He is LOVE, My EVERYTHING.  And I don't just say (or type) this.  I believe it and live it with all my heart.  There is none greater in my eyes.  There is no one else that makes me truly feel valued and valuable, loved, special, priceless even.  Only Jesus, the One who sacrificed His life, so that I can gain one.  Each and every time I stop to really think about His purpose- I am left speechless.  It really is amazing.

It is not enough to know what others say about Jesus, it's not enough to know what I believe about Jesus: You MUST know, understand, and accept for yourself that He is the Messiah.  You must move from curiosity to commitment, from admiration to adoration (love greatly, to worship).

Once we know who Jesus is, only then can He begin to reveal amazing life changing, eternity focused things to us.

I can only share my experience with you- I've had some major growth in my relationship with Jesus in the last 8 months, and the things that are being revealed, the life experiences that I'm going through and seeing in the lives of the faithful believers in my life and the hearts of those seeking to get closer to Him-- WOW!  it's all God!  I don't care how much time it took me to get to this place.  I'm thankful to be here and excited for where I am going from here, and the people I get to join, fellowship and grow with along the way.

Don't you want this joy and expectation?

I hope you don't think I'm bragging or trying to put up an artificial front.  Don't let the devil lie and distract you from the message God wants you to hear today.

My purpose is to encourage you, to move you, to stir you to make the necessary changes in your life to receive ALL that God has in store for you.

Know Who you serve!


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Prayer: Jesus, dwell among Your people.  Reveal Your Spirit to Your people.  Save Your people LORD.  Redeem Your people.  Move their hearts to fully open up to You and worship You.  To serve You with adoration and complete surrender.  I desire for each of us to have a true, Word filled, personal relationship with You; that continues to grow and grow and grow.  There is no stopping Your children, with You in our hearts.  LORD, I pray that the blinders are taken from the eyes of those who are blinded by their lust for this world; and that they are blessed with the light of the eternal Love that You are.  What a Mighty, Mighty God we serve.  Thank You Holy Spirit; anoint the homes, works, schools, cars- each and every place Your children saying this prayer are right now.  Let Your Glory fill these places.  Thank You Heavenly Father.  Who is the beginning and the end.  It is all in Your trustworthy hands.  Have Your Way.  In Your Name Jesus.  Amen.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, Life Application Study Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment