Monday, May 11, 2009

Blind Faith

PRAYER: I will trust You LORD, every day!  I will trust You LORD, with my whole heart, my mind, my body, my soul and my spirit.  LORD, I will trust You with my life.  Please continue to show me how to operate in accordance with Your Word-in everything I do.  I am not wiser than You, I do not know best... You do!  You can be trusted.  You have never failed me before.  Even when I fall into sin and I'm filled with doubt, pain, sadness and sometimes hate; You are there to pick me right up again to show me what a loving God You are.  And how sweet it is to live by Your Spirit.  LORD, where I lack trust in You, show me how to build that trust.  By You alone do the best ideas in my life develop and grow.  Only by You do I want to stand.  In the mighty name of Jesus, amen.
 
MATTHEW 20:29-34 
TWO BLIND MEN RECEIVE SIGHT:

29 As Jesus and his disciples were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him.   30 Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"
31 The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!" 
32 Jesus stopped and called them.  "What do you want me to do for you?" 
33 "Lord," they answered, "we want our sight."   34 Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes.  Immediately they received their sight and followed him.

The two blind men had more faith than the religious leaders who had actually witnessed the miracles of Jesus.  Don't be like the religious leaders, blind to the identity of Jesus and refusing to open your eyes to the truth.  Follow the example of the blind men.  Let your heart for God lead you.  Don't be blinded by what you see and by what this world wants you to think.  The blind men didn't see but they believed with their whole hearts that Jesus could save them.  Even when they were being rebuked by the crowd, they shouted louder for Jesus to hear them.  Their faith and request for healing had nothing to do with the crowd, this was between them and Jesus.  Whatever is on your heart today, is also between you and Jesus.  Don't let anyone come in the way of you "shouting" for Jesus' attention and mercy.

Although Jesus was concerned about the coming events in Jerusalem, He demonstrated what He has just told the disciples about service (20:28) by stopping to care for the blind men.  And what was the blind men's reaction?  To FOLLOW Jesus.  Jesus will stop to care for you too.  It is His desire to care for YOU.  Will you follow Him?

DON'T STOP CALLING OUT TO JESUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment