Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Will You or Won't You

PRAYER: LORD I need Your help (begin to call out what you need help in). I cannot do this on my own.  I don't want to do this on my own.  I desire Your guidance and presence in everything that I do.  Please don't let me do anything without You.  Forgive me for allowing confusion in my life by contemplating the wrong desires.  The path of life should lead me upward and keep me from the grave in serving You.  I thank You for honest testimony, I thank You for Your mercy on Your children, I thank You for supernatural healing in our bodies LORD, I thank You for bringing certain things to light that at the time may hurt or seem negative to us-but in the end it is saving us and pointing us into the right direction.  The direction You have purposed us to walk in.  Thank You for the trials, the pruning that we receiving in order to bear more fruit for You.  I love knowing Your Word, dear LORD.  I love that Your living Word lives inside of me.  You are GREAT and greatly to be praised!  Hallelujah.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


MATTHEW 21:28-32
THE PARABLE OF THE TWO SONS:
Jesus is still speaking with the chief priests and the elders of the people who questioned His authority: 

28 "What do you think?  There was a man who had two sons.  He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'  
29   'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.  30 Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing.  He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go. 31 Which of the two did what his father wanted?"  
"The first," they answered.
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collector and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did.  And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe." 

What about you?  Which son do you think did what the father wanted in the parable told by Jesus above?
I have to admit, I often feel like the first son in the morning.  God calling me to wake up at a certain time and me saying, "No" and then talking myself into getting up because I have made a commitment to not only sharing the Good News but starting my day off with spending quality time with God.  But often, when that alarm goes off-or when I wake up on my own at 6 or 6:30a (sometimes 5a ha!), all I want to say is "No, let me sleep more!"  Can anyone relate?
The son who said that he would obey and then didn't, represented the people of Israel in Jesus' day.  They said they wanted to do God's will, but they constantly disobeyed.  They were phony, just going through the motions.  It is dangerous to pretend to obey God when our heart is far from Him because God knows our true intentions.  Our actions MUST match our words.

-WHICH SON ARE YOU?-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment