Friday, May 22, 2009

TRAP

PRAYER: Thank You LORD, this is it.  I desire to enter in to a new level of trusting You.  I don't want the worries of this life to be my concern.  I want to be concerned with whatever concerns You.  I can rest assured that everything concerning me is being handled by You, the Almighty.  LORD, may I operate today and every day with Your mighty discernment.  Thank You for Your everlasting knowledge and wisdom.  I will hold tight to Your Word in every decision that I make.  Thank You LORD, this is it.  Thank You for bringing me this far, and providing more to come in my future.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

MATTHEW 21:23-27
 part 1
THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS QUESTIONED:

23 Jesus entered the temple courts and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him.  "By what authority are you doing these things?" they asked.  "And who gave you this authority?" 24 Jesus replied, "I will also ask you one question.  If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things.  25 John's baptism — where did it come from?  Was it from heaven, or from men?"  They discussed it among themselves and said, "If we say, 'From heaven,' he will ask, 'Then why didn't you believe him?  26 But if we say, 'From men' — we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet."  27 So they answered Jesus, "We don't know."  Then he said, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things." 

The Pharisees demanded to know where Jesus got His authority.  If Jesus said His authority came from God, they would accuse Him of blasphemy.  If He said that He was acting on His own authority, the crowds would be convinced that the Pharisees has the greater authority.  But Jesus answered them with a seemingly, unrelated question that exposed their real motives.  They didn't really want an answer to their question; they only wanted to trap Him.  They are so blinded by this desire that they missed the Truth standing in front of them.  Jesus showed that the Pharisees wanted the truth only if it supported their own views and causes.

Today, people are very funny with God for the same reasons.  They don't want to be obedient because it doesn't agree with their own sinful desires, views, causes and lifestyles.  So many people are looking to throw Him by the wayside because the world is their god for thinking, He's not going to agree with it.  He tells us to transform our minds.  The thing is, if God placed it in this book (Bible) that we're studying, He meant it.  We should desire this Truth like the food we eat to live.  God is God- and a good God at that.  We need to stop trying to fit Him into our image, and start living as He has commanded us to live.

STOP TRYING TO TRAP JESUS - HE'LL NEVER BE WRONG.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment