Monday, May 4, 2009

Understanding

PRAYER: Psalm 103 - Praise You LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being will praise Your holy name.  Let me not forget all Your benefits-You who forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases, who has redeemed my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion, who satisfies my desires with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.  Long life I declare in Your name.  You work righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.  You are compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.  Thank You for not treating Your children as our sins deserve and thank You for not repaying us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is Your love for those who fear You; as far as the East is from the West, so far You have removed our transgressions from us.  Thank You for being my Father of compassion, thank You for Your everlasting love.  Thank You for Your righteousness, even to my children's children.  Thank You for providing Your covenant to me and allowing me to partake in Your great inheritance.  Help me to stay on the track of obedience and to continually shout Your praises throughout each day of my life.  For You are Great and greatly to be praised.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

MATTHEW 20:17-19 
JESUS AGAIN PREDICTS HIS DEATH:

17 Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them,18 "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man  will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law.  They will condemn him to death 19 and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked  and flogged and crucified.  On the third day he will be raised to life!"

Jesus predicted His death and resurrection for the third time (see 16:21 and 17:22,23 for the first two times).  But the disciples still didn't understand what He meant.  Was it because He spoke of Himself in third person?  Is it because the idea just didn't seem possible?  Was it because their own greatness was always on their minds?  Whatever the reason(s), they were blinded to the truth and were the ones closest to Jesus.  Are you missing something today?  Is the Word making sense to you?  Are the sermons at church just not impacting you with further understanding?  Do you BELIEVE the Word?  Some questions you should think about and approach God with.  Let the LORD show You what He means and let Him share the Word that He has just for You.  It's probably been repeated to each of us several times and just like the disciples, we're not getting it.  Is there something more important than the Word and God's direction on your mind?

WHERE DO YOU LACK UNDERSTANDING?
PRAY FOR WISDOM, DISCERNMENT & CLARITY.


No comments:

Post a Comment