Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mountains

PRAYER: LORD, I want to take the time to honor You.  I never would have made it (through whatever your situation is) without You.  And I won't make it without You.  Like the gospel song says, "I would have lost it all, but now I see how You were there for me.  I can say I'm stronger, I'm wiser, I'm much better.  I would have lost my mind, I would have given up, but You were always right there.  I made it through the storm and my test because you were there to carry me through my mess.  And I can stand here and tell everyone I made it" and I will make it because I have my Heavenly Father by my side throughout it all.  Thank You Jehovah Jireh, my provider.  Thank You.  In Jesus name, Amen.

MATTHEW 21:18-22
 part 2
THE FIG TREE WITHERS:

18 Early in the morning, as (Jesus) was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves.  The he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!"  Immediately the tree withered.  20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed.  "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.  21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.  22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." 

Many have wondered about Jesus' statement that if we have faith and don't doubt, we can move mountains.  Jesus, of course, was not suggesting that His followers use prayer as "magic" and perform capricious "mountain moving" acts.  Can you imagine? LOL  Instead, He was making a strong point about the disciples' and our lack of faith.  What kind of mountains do you face?  What has become so "large  and wide" in your life that there is no way you can imagine getting over it or going around it?  In my own past, jobs have been my mountain, certain people, money, certain things about my character ...  With mountains, you get to a point that you have no clue what to do.  You want to give up.  You often go another way but that mountain is still there, just taunting you.  You can close your eyes and act like it's not there if you want to, but it's not going anywhere until you "move" it.  Have you talked to God about the mountains in your life?  How strong is your faith?  Activate it now!  It all begins with just taking it to God.

SPEAK TO YOUR MOUNTAIN AND TELL IT TO "THROW ITSELF INTO THE SEA!"


No comments:

Post a Comment