Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prayer

PRAYER: Thank You LORD, for making me who I am.  So many people are living in misery trying to change what You have created.  But I will stand firm on Your Word.  You knew who You wanted me to be before I was even formed in the womb.  How wonderful, that I was on Your mind-from my image to my personality, to what You wanted me to do in this world.  I am wonderfully and fearfully made in Your image LORD and because I have accepted Your Son as my personal LORD and Savior, Your Holy Spirit lives in me.  That is awesome LORD!  I don't think we take enough time to remember Your glory over ourselves in the simple things.  Thank You LORD, for creating me in purpose and with purposes.  Thank You LORD for loving me even before anyone on earth knew I was coming.  You are awesome!  Thank You for showing each of us Your love.  Thank you for showing us how to love and accept ourselves.  Thank You for showing each one of us how to love those around us and how to be loved by other people.  Thank You   In Jesus' name, Amen.

MATTHEW 21:18-22
 part 3
THE FIG TREE WITHERS:
emphasis on verse:21-22

21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.  22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." 

This verse is not a guarantee that we can get anything we want simply by asking Jesus and believing.  We should all know that God does not grant requests that would hurt us or others or that would violate His own nature or will.  Jesus' statement is not a blank check.  To be fulfilled, our requests must be in harmony with the principles of God's Kingdom.  When you believe, your faith is strong in the Word,  you know it, love it and live on it.  The stronger our belief, the more likely our prayers will be in line with God's will, and then God will be happy to grant them.  We have  to get to know God in order to know the right things to pray for.  The primary way to get to know the Omnipresent God, is to read His Word.   "LORD let Your Will be my will in Jesus' name."  "Let Your Will be done, not my Will in Jesus' name."  "Let Your Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven in Jesus' name."

GOD IS NOT A GENIE IN A BOTTLE-PRAYER IS COMMUNICATION WITH GOD
USE IT WISELY!


No comments:

Post a Comment