Friday, September 4, 2009

TGN: The Death of Jesus

YOUR AMAZING COMMENTS:

RE: TGN : Fully Conscious (9/2/09)
"All 'The Good News' is good. But, this one is really enlightening."

Re: TGN: We Know in Part (9/3/09)
"That was beautiful.....the prayer was beautiful!!! Thank you Jesus...I am about to shout up in this piece. "

**********************************************************************
Prayer (for you to pray as it applies to you or someone in your life): LORD, You deserve the highest praise; You deserve ALL the praise. Let me shout to You with cries of joy, no matter what I am going through. Let my praise not be depended on what You do for me in my timing, but let me lift Your Name on High because of Who You are. How awesome You are, the LORD Most High, the King over all the earth! I sing praises to You. You not only reign over nations but You reign over my life. How great You are to be concerned about me and everything of me. Even seated on Your holy throne, You are thinking about me. I belong to You and only You LORD. I stand in awe of You. Be exalted and lift up forever and ever! In Jesus' name. Amen. (Psalm 47/Ecclesiastes 5)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

The Death of Jesus v. 45-56

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"-which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
When some of those standing there heard this, they said, "He's calling Elijah."
Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to save him."
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"
Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's sons (James and John).
----

The most important thing is to first read the Word. Then begin to ask God to reveal some of the things you don't understand or get. I encourage all of us to really know the accounts of Jesus life, death and resurrection.

TGN will go into deeper detail of the above scripture next week.

Have a wonderful weekend! No matter if it's 2 or 3 days for you- enjoy it to the fullest.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God."


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment