Monday, September 28, 2009

TGN: A Lie

Prayer: I can sing of Your love forever LORD. Your Word declares Your love for people so undeserving, and yet, You love each one of us anyhow. Thank You for showing me Your love through Your Word. Forgive me for not showing love to anyone that I have allowed emotions from circumstance to come in the way of. Show me how to love others unconditionally. By this all men will know that I am Your disciple. I love You. In Jesus' name. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 28 v. 11-15 (NLT)

The Guard's Report

11 As the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and told the leading priests what had happened. 12 A meeting with the elders was called, and they decided to give the soldiers a large bribe. 13 They told the soldiers, "You must say, 'Jesus' disciples came during the night while we were sleeping, and they stole his body.' 14 If the governor hears about it, we'll stand up for you so you won't get in trouble." 15 So the guards accepted the bribe and said what they were told to say. Their story spread widely among the Jews, and they still tell it today.

----

Jesus' resurrection was already causing a great stir in Jerusalem. The women were moving quickly through the streets, looking for the disciples to tell them the amazing news that Jesus was alive. At the same time, a group of religious leaders were plotting how to cover up the Resurrection. And in turn keeping a "people" in darkness.

Today there is still a great stir over the Resurrection, and there are still only two choices: to believe that Jesus rose from the dead, or to be closed to the truth-denying it, ignoring it, or tying to explain it away.

-AIN'T IT FUNNY (ironic) HOW ONE LIE CAN LEAVE PEOPLE IN DARKNESS...

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Jesus, You are my King, my LORD, my Savior. You were sent to this earth to experience everything that I will ever go through; and without sin, holding close to the Father, You sacrificed Yourself so that I could be free. And by the Spirit of the LORD, you rose 3 days later, to live forever; as I will once my time on earth comes to a close. I believe it, I believe You and in You, and I trust Your Word. Maybe I don't say it enough. I will never deny it, ignore it or try to explain it away. As CCC proclaims weekly, "Jesus is LORD period. We believe it, we proclaim it and we're seeing it come to pass." In Your powerful name I pray, amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture & Prayer from The Bible (biblegateway.com). Notes from The Study Application Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment