Friday, September 11, 2009

TGN: Jesus

Prayer from yesterday references Isaiah 1

**********************************************************************
Prayer (Tell God [through words or song] how much you love Him, why you love Him. Tell Him you love Him): I love You LORD, and I lift my voice; to worship You, O my soul- rejoice. Take joy my King, in what You hear. Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in You ear. I love You, Father God (tell Him why)... Because You show Yourself Holy by Your righteousness. I love You because You are Holy, Holy, Holy and the whole earth is full of Your glory. I love You because You drench me with compassion and forgiveness instead of having Your anger burn against me-even when I'm in the wrong. I love You because You cleansed me through Your Son. I love You because You didn't allow me go through this life without knowing You. What an honor! I love You LORD because You care not only for me but You're for all of Your children and You've placed us here for You and one another in You. I love You LORD because Your plan is always right, and it's always for good- no matter what it may look like from my natural eye. I love You because I can undoubtedly trust You, like no one else in this world, including myself. I love You because no matter the intentions of man for me, whether to harm me or promote me- You have total control! I love You because You don't call me to be perfect, You call for my heart and genuine devotion; I am always good enough in Your eyes. The list goes on and on, but the main reason I love You, is because You first loved me and You continue to love me for who I am. You don't want me to be anyone but me in serving You. What You want to change is my allowance to let sin ruin my life. I love You LORD because You are so concerned for Your people. I love You because You won't give up on making sure we know Your Name before Your Son returns to the earth again. You are so, so good. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen (Isaiah 5,6,7; 2 Corinthians 10)
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

The Death of Jesus v. 45,50-56

(:45) From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.
(:50-56) And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"
Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's sons (James and John).
----

Christ's death was accompanied by at least four miraculous events: (1) darkness-we don't know how this darkness occurred, but it is clear that God caused it. Nature testified to the gravity of Jesus' death, while Jesus' friends and enemies alike fell silent in the encircling gloom. The darkness on that Friday (Good Friday) afternoon was both physical and spiritual, (2) the tearing in two of the curtain in the Temple-the torn curtain separated the Holy Place from the Most Holy Place (as designed in the Old Testament), this event symbolized that the barrier between God and humanity was removed. Now all people are free to approach God because of Christ's sacrifice for our sins, (3) an earthquake, and (4) dead people rising from their tombs; and revealing themselves to many people.

Jesus' death, therefore could not have gone unnoticed. Everyone new something significant had happen. Even the centurions declared Jesus as the "Son of God." I don't know why people continued to deny it. Maybe pride. I don't have that answer, but I do know Jesus is not the one to be denied today. If you're having conflicts in believing in Jesus, ask yourself why and then bring it to God, so that He can reveal to You exactly who Jesus is. I do know He is someone You don't want to live without!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at" says the Sovereign LORD (Isaiah 7: 9)

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment