Thursday, September 24, 2009

TGN: The Resurrection is Special

Prayer: Thank You for directing me to Your Word LORD. My Source for everything. For ALL Scripture is God-breathed/God-inspired and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man and woman of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. Thank You for equipping us LORD, with everything we need to succeed (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Where I am weak, You are strong. And where I think I am strong, You possess the ultimate strength. Praise Your mighty name for being the true Strength in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 28 *part 3* v. 5-9 (NLT)

5 Then the angel spoke to the women. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying. 7 And now, go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and he is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there. Remember what I have told you."

8 The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel's message. 9 And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to him, grasped his feet, and worshiped him.

----

Jesus' resurrection is the key to the Christian faith. Why?
(1) Just as He promised, Jesus rose from the dead.
We can be confident, therefore, that He will accomplish all He has promised.
(2) Jesus' bodily resurrection shows us that the living Christ is ruler of God's eternal Kingdom, not a false prophet or impostor. Jesus is more than just a human leader; he is not like Muhammad, Confucius or Ghandi. He is NOT a prophet, He is the Son of God.
(3)We can be certain of our resurrection because He was resurrected.
Death is not the end-there is a future life.
(4) The power that brought Jesus back to life is available to us to bring our spiritually dead selves back to life.
(5) The Resurrection is the basis for the church's witness to the world.

When Jesus rose from the dead, He rose in power as the true King. In His victory over death, He established His credentials as King and His power and authority over evil.

The Resurrection shows Jesus' all-powerful life to us-not even death could stop His plan for offering eternal life. Those who believe in Jesus can hope for a resurrection like His. We can look forward to it. Our role is to tell His story to all the earth so that everyone may share in His victory.

Recognize this crucial fact and gain every spiritual blessing that comes in Christ alone.

-GET THIS!

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Jesus, You live! You reign! Thank You, my Holy and powerful King. I'm so thankful to have You in my life. Do not let me hesitate to share You with others, in how I live, what I say and in everything I do. Let Your ways be known on the earth, Your salvation among all nations. Hallelujah! The highest praise to my perfect King. Let all people praise you, then the land will increase its harvest. Our God is gracious and will bless us. Let all ends of the earth fear You (Psalm 67). In Jesus' name. Amen

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture & Prayer from The Bible (biblegateway.com). Notes from The Study Application Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment