Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TGN : Fully Conscious

**********************************************************************
Prayer (for you to pray as it applies to you or someone in your life): Father God, on behalf of truth, humility and righteousness let me do all things victoriously. And in all things, I mean the awesome deeds by which are ordained by Your Holiness. In all things, I mean in service with love to Your people. In all things, I mean from what I think, to what I do. Let it all be in honor of You. Thank You for correction, thank You for moving me to the next stage and on the next level in Your perfect timing, thank You for always being massive steps ahead of me, thank You for Your loving right hand that is always over my life. Truly, with humbled appreciation thank You. There is no one who deserves the praise like You do. Hallelujah. Thank You Jesus. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
DEATH & RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 27

The Crucifixion *part 3* v. 34

There (the soldiers) offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall (a narcotic used to deaden pain); but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.
----

When Jesus was offered the wine mixed with gall, He refused to drink it because of what was in it. Gall is generally understood to be a narcotic that was used to deaden pain. That wasn't the plan for Jesus. Jesus would suffer fully conscious and with a clear mind.

What do you use to block the pain in your heart? Drugs, alcohol, sex, food, tv, music, isolation, sleep, depression (some people find comfort in it), excessive control, anger... ? Whatever it is, trip this-we DON'T need it! And let's rebuke the lie, some of these things are not used just to have a good time, or to rest- they are used to dull the pain. But the catch is that once you're back in reality, the pain is still there. Ironically, we keep turning to these empty, lifeless remedies.

Take a great lesson from our Friend Jesus, who suffered way more than we ever will. Jesus was without fault and still willingly did what His life was created for, consciously and with a clear mind. This is how much He trusted His Father.
Honestly, most of the time we make the dumb decisions that bring on our pain, and we allow that guilt to draw us away from God. It's time to trust our Father! It's time to bring all the pain and suffering to Him so that He can deal with it and remove it.

Let's all commit today and every day to stop taking our relief in our own hands; and let God take it in His. Even when we suffer, let's keep clear minds in order to turn to God and to not give the enemy any room to get in. Don't you want to live the life that you were created for? I know I do! It took me several years to figure this all out, but I'm glad that I finally get it and exercise it in my life. It is awesome to see God move quickly and efficiently on my behalf. The killers I use to turn to no longer control me nor entice me when it comes to the comfort I need.

To be totally clear, this message is speaking to that deep emotional pain inside of you; the pain that feels like it will never go away and it seems that no one can help you. Well, God can and will. Make it easy and let Him. No matter how hard it is for us to do it, go Nike and "just do it!"

WHAT IS YOUR GALL?
-spit it out!
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture & Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible-Classic Edition. Notes from The Study Application Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

Are you receiving anything from the Good News? Share with us!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment