Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TGN: Authority

Prayer: Father God, You are LORD of lords. In Your presence there is fullness of joy. I pray that every one of us, who believe in, trust in, love, worship, and serve you- will allow ourselves to experience that joy every second of our lives. No matter our circumstance, emotion or situation. We worship You LORD. Please accept our worship, as we spend time with You, in Your Word today. I pray that our love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that we may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of You (Philippians 1:9-11). In Jesus' name, Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 28 *part2* v. 18 (NLT)

The Great Commission

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth."
----

God gave Jesus authority over heaven and earth. The Old Testament prophecies and genealogies in the book of Matthew present Jesus' credentials for being King of the world-not a military or political leader, as the disciples and religious leaders originally hoped; not just a good man, but a spiritual King who can overcome all evil and rule in the heart of every person.

If we refuse to serve the King faithfully, we are disloyal subjects, fit only to be banished from the Kingdom. Do you want to be banished? I know I don't. We MUST make Jesus King of our life and worship Him as our Savior, King, and LORD.

AUTHORITY :power to influence thought or behavior; in command.

-WHAT OR WHO HAS AUTHORITY IN YOUR LIFE?

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. You know my folly, O God; my guilt is not hidden from You. Forgive me LORD, for ever thinking that I am more clever than You. I hope in You, LORD. I pray to You, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in Your great love, O God, answer me with Your sure salvation. Rescue me, do not let me sink; deliver me, do not let me be engulfed or swallowed. Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of Your love; in Your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide Your face from Your servant; answer me quickly, for I need You, I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me; redeem me! May Your salvation, O God protect me. I praise you and glorify You with thanksgiving (Psalm 69:1,5-6, 13-18;29-30)! I love to please You, in the name of our Savior-Jesus- let You be exalted ( 70:5)! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture & prayer from The Bible (biblegateway.com), NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition. Study notes from Life Application Study Bible. Definitions from The Merriam-Webster Dictionary.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment