Thursday, October 1, 2009

TGN: Got Disciples?

Prayer: LORD Jesus, help me to be a person who listens to Your Word. Today I will take time to hear what You are saying to me. Speak, LORD, for Your servant is listening. In Jesus' name. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 28 *part 3* v. 19- 20 (NLT)

The Great Commission

(Jesus speaking to His 11 disciples)
19 "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

----

On the basis of the authority in heaven and on earth, Jesus told His disciples to make more disciples as they preached, baptized and taught others to obey Christ. And in their worldwide mission to make disciples of ALL NATIONS, He assured them that He would be with them always. Jesus is LORD of the earth, and He died for the sins of ALL people. God is not a God of just a certain people. He is the God of ALL people. Even in the times of the Old Testament, He had all nations on His mind. All nations will know that He is God. If this wasn't the truth, He would not have called and saved me... He would not have saved you... And if you are not saved, He wouldn't be calling You (because trust me He is).

We are to go- whether it is next door or to another country-and make disciples. It is not an option but a command to all who call Jesus "LORD." We are not all evangelists in the formal sense, but we have all received gifts that we can use to help fulfill the great commission. As we obey, we also have comfort in the knowledge that Jesus is always with us, like He was with the original disciples. "How is Jesus with us?" You might not know. Jesus was with the disciples physically until He ascended into heaven and then spiritually through the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4). The Holy Spirit is Jesus' presence that will never leave us. So as Christians, Believers... whatever you label yourself as a Child of God; with the same authority, Jesus still commands us to tell others the GOOD NEWS and make them disciples for the Kingdom. We should each be a reminder that simple faith has deep roots that are impossible to dislodge. Our vast number would show the world that we are evident everywhere. Because we are everywhere, we should be easily accessible. Jesus was! We need to get out of our comfort zones and jump across the boundaries that keep us where people expect to find us. We need to show ourselves in all the spots that need a little brightening up- including the workplace. We aren't called to beat people over the head with our faith, but we're also not called to hide it. Light is suppose to shine!

-HOW ARE YOU MAKING DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS WITH THE GIFTS, the WORD AND HOLY SPIRITINSIDE OF YOU?

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Help me apply what I've just learned. I'm thankful for the power of Your Word. Like Jesus, I will always have hope- because I know I have You; I have Your light inside of me. I will praise You more and more (Psalm 71:14). Show me how to use the talents, gifts and opportunities You have blessed me with to make disciples of all those around me. Show me those who are ready to know You. Open their hearts, give them ears to hear, and let Your Spirit discern exactly what they need to hear from You, through me. Use me LORD! I am Yours. In Your wonderful name I pray. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture from The Bible (biblegateway.com), Prayer from The Divine Mentor, Wayne Cordeiro. Study notes from Life Application Study Bible; and NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition- J.Kempe.

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment