Monday, October 26, 2009

TGN: Healed? Time to Serve.

Prayer: LORD, I sing a new song unto You today, because it is a new day; and I've been blessed to live in this day. To open my eyes and be included in Your work on earth. I shout praises to Your name, proclaiming Your salvation and declaring Your glory among the nations, Your marvelous deeds among all peoples. For You are great and most worthy of all praise. All other gods are idols, it is You that made heaven and earth. It is You that formed me in the womb and knew everything I would be before a thought to any human mind. Splendor and majesty are before You; strength and glory are in Your sanctuary. I worship You, LORD. Thank You for Your Word today. Speak specifically to the needs of those searching for answers from You today. In Jesus' name, Amen. (Psalm 96)
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS' MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 1 v. 29-31 (NLT)

Jesus Heals Peter's Mother-in-Law

29 After Jesus left the synagogue with James and John, they went to Simon (Peter) and Andrew's home. 30 Now Simon's (Peter) mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away. 31 So he went to her bedside, took her by the hand, and helped her sit up. Then the fever left her, and she prepared a meal for them.
------
If you have read the 4 Gospels, you would have noticed that each Gospel writer had a slightly different perspective as he wrote; thus, the comparable stories in the Gospels often highlight different details. In Matthew, Jesus touched the womans hand; in Mark, He helped her up; in Luke, He spoke to the fever, and it left her. The accounts do not conflict. Each writer chose to emphasize different details of the story in order to emphasize a certain characteristic of Jesus, to those they were writing to.

How awesome to serve a healing God. He heals the most inner wounds that no one else can touch. When Peter's Mother-in-Law was healed. She did not waste a second; she got up and began to serve or "wait on them." When Jesus heals in your life, what do you do after that healing? Do you serve Jesus? Or do you go back to living as you were. God doesn't heal us just so we can be better. He heals us so that we can continue our ministry in Him. Healing brings about great testimony to share. Healing takes part in strengthening our own faith. Healing gives us the opportunity to let those in our lives know, who God is and what He promises to do for each and every one of His children.

-HOW DO YOU USE YOUR HEALING TO SERVE?

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Heavenly Father, Your love supports me; Your consolation brings joy to my soul. You renew and refresh me in ways unlike anything else in this world. You give me healing in the wounds people can see and all the wounds that cannot be seen. Thank You for my healing LORD. I choose not to be healed by You in vain, and ask that You show me how to use this healing and my life for Your glory and Your Kingdom. Show me that person who needs to know that I too suffered, but my God brought me through it all victorious- As You always do; and will do for them as they learn to trust in You. Thank You LORD, for my heart is full because of You. You knew exactly, whose ear I needed to speak to, whose voice would say what You wanted me to hear, who would step out to check on me, what song would minister to me, what Scripture would illuminate while reading, the amount of time I needed to cry; You know it all. And I love You for that. I love You for already having the plan on deck of what is next- because there is a next no matter how bad I've messed up. I love that I can bring it ALL to You. In Your hands, and Your hands only can I breathe and walk with the confident hope that only You can provide. In Your mighty Name I pray. Amen. --------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (J. Briscoe), and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment