Monday, October 19, 2009

TGN: Following Jesus

Prayer: LORD, first I would like to ask for Your forgiveness for anything that I've done that is contrary to Your Word. You always watch over what is going on in my life. Place Your law on my mind, write it on my heart. I desire to hear You and respond to Your discipline at all times. My life is in need of constant cleaning, discarding, rearranging and straightening that can only happen with You. Your timing is perfect. Thank you for singleness of heart and action, so that I will fear You for my own good and the good of all around me and those who will come after me. Inspire me through Your Word today, so that I will never turn away from You (Jeremiah 31,32). In Jesus' name. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 1 v. 16-20 (NLT)

The Calling of the First Disciples

16 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon (Peter) and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living (fishing was a major industry around the Sea of Galilee). 17 Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" 18 And they left their nets at once and followed him.
19 A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. 20 He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.

----

Have you ever assumed that Jesus' disciples were great men of faith from the first time they met Jesus? Well, if you remember anything from the previous book of Matthew, you know that they were the opposite. The disciples were more like you and me; they had to grow in their faith just as all believers do. We will learn in future books that there was more to this first call, Jesus didn't say a few words and the men instantly left their boats to follow blindly. Not many of us move on the first call either. Although it took time for Jesus' call and His message to get through, the most important fact is that the disciples chose to FOLLOW Christ. In the same way, we may question and falter, but we must never stop following Jesus.

-PRAISE GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO SERVE JESUS. HE WANTS US JUST AS WE ARE.

Change comes from growing in Him!
**********************************************************************
Prayer: I'm thankful to know You for myself Jesus. I don't have to go to anyone to get to You, because You're always with me and I have full access in approaching You. Nothing is too hard for my God and You rejoice in doing good to us . You are great and powerful, Your name is the LORD Almighty. Great are Your purposes and mighty are Your deed. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; You reward everyone according to their own conduct and as our deeds deserve. Today, you continue to perform miraculous signs and wonders among all mankind, and have gained the renown that is still Yours. What You command will happen (Jeremiah 31,32). Thank Your for Your Word today. In Your Name, I pray. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (D. Head), and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment