Sunday, October 4, 2009

TGN: The Book Of Mark

www.biblegateway.com

The Gospel of MARK

Before we enter this next book, I wanted to present you with all the background information I could find in my resources.

John Mark is the author of this book. He was not one of the 12 disciples, but he accompanied Paul on his first missionary journey (Acts 12-13) and he was inspired by God to record the events of Jesus' life.

Mark writes this Gospel to tell the basic story about Jesus. He recounts miracles, parables and other sayings of Jesus. Mark shows us Jesus--moving, serving, sacrificing, and saving! Almost half of his book deals with the final week of Jesus' life, ending with His death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.
As we read and study this book, notice how full of life and emotion Jesus is and how caring He is. Also note, why He came into this world-to give His life for you (Mark 10:45). God wants you to first, accept His Son Jesus as your own personal Savior and LORD.

And if you're Saved/Born Again, be ready for action. Be open for God's move in your life, and be challenged to move into your world to serve.

-THE GOOD NEWS IS A LOT MORE THAN JUST READ...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer: God, You are awesome! You are the King of Glory and You are my God. I don't just feel special; I know that in Your eyes, I am special. Thank You for creating me and having great plans for my life. No matter how small or large the task, it is for Your Kingdom and therefore it matters. Help me to take my eyes from looking out for all the big things, and to become faithful in the small, in the little, in what I have right now. Because right now matters, more than any dream I can have. Right now, is what will take me to the next day, mission and purpose in my life. I love and trust You, Father. In Your Holy and perfect Son's name-Jesus! Amen. --------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Study notes from NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition & Life Application Study Bible


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment