Friday, October 2, 2009

TGN: End of Matthew

Prayer: LORD, thank You for Your Word, that enlightens and reminds me of all that You have done in the lives of Your servants. Thank You for Your Word, that also reveals what You are going to do. Show me Your promises, so that I stand strong on the Word from my God, whom never lies. You know me LORD, every single part of me. You know what I need, fill those needs with Your Word. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
RESURRECTION OF JESUS, THE KING

Matthew 28 *part 4* v. 19- 20 (NLT)

The Great Commission

(Jesus speaking to His 11 disciples)
19 "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

----

Do you know what the Trinity is? As we see here, the concept comes directly from Jesus Himself. He did not say baptize them in the names, but in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The word Trinity does not occur in Scripture, but it well describes the three-in-one nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Just as you may be a mother, dancer and child of God. Just as you can be a brother, student and actor. God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The disciples were to baptize people because baptism unites believers with Jesus Christ in their death to sin (going under water) and their resurrection to new life (coming up from under the water). If you have never understood the reason to get baptized, let me tell you. Baptism symbolizes submission to Christ, a willingness to live God's way, and identification with God's covenant people. Once you get this, you will definitely celebrate the act in an entirely new way.

And this concludes the book of Matthew. Good job faithful readers! We'll start the book of Mark, Monday! Remember we'll read many of the same events we read in Matthew, but from a new perspective, and trust me the Spirit will reveal things to you that you need to hear in just that time. Be continually blessed in every area of your life.

-JESUS IS KING OF OUR LIFE. WORSHIP HIM AS OUR SAVIOR, KING, AND LORD.

**********************************************************************
Prayer: I will tell of the kindness of the LORD, the deeds for which You are to be praised, according to all You have done for us- yes, the many good things You have done for all of Your children, according to Your compassion and many kindnesses (Isaiah 63:7). You are able to do, just what You said You would do. You will fulfill ever promise to me. I won't give up on You, Father, because You won't give up on me. YOU'RE ABLE (Voices of Unity, "He's Able")! Thank You for speaking to me through the book of Matthew. I love your Word. Thank You Jesus, my King! In Your mighty name, amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture from The Bible (biblegateway.com), Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition. Study notes from Life Application Study Bible


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment