Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TGN: Healer

Prayer: My Redeemer is strong! The LORD Almighty is Your name. As with Israel and Judah, You vigorously defend my cause so that You may bring rest to Your child (Jeremiah 50:34). You know me LORD, Your solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The LORD knows those who are His." I seek to find my daily strength in Jesus Christ and in Your inspired Word. I am convinced that You are able to guard what I have entrusted to You today. As I guard the good deposit that is entrusted to me. For the holy Scriptures are able to make me wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. I will guard it with the help of Your Holy Spirit, Who lives in me (2 Timothy 1,2). In Jesus' name, amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS' MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 1 v. 32-34 (NLT)

Jesus Heals Many People

32 That evening after sunset, many sick and demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. 33 The whole town gathered at the door to watch. 34 So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.

------
For some context, let's discuss why the people came to Jesus in the evening after sunset. It was the Sabbath (1:21); the Jewish day of rest, lasting from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. The Jewish leaders had proclaimed that it was against the law to be healed on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:10; Luke 13:14). The people didn't want to break this law or the Jewish law that prohibited traveling on the Sabbath, so they waited until sunset. After the sun went down, the crowds were free to find Jesus so He could heal them.

I said this yesterday and I'll keep saying it, "How awesome to serve a healing God!!!! He heals ALL wounds. Wounds you don't even know exist; He is aware of them and wants to reveal them, so that we seek our healing. God wants His children healed and whole. First, we have to come to Him broken. If we think we're all put together-man! Are we in for a rude awakening. If you think you can live this life on your own, you're fooling yourself. If you think, you can fix yourself alone- you're lying to yourself. If you think you can be whole without our LORD and Savior in the mix; you're totally missing out. You don't even know what healed is, until you experience God's healing. Healing is a promise from Him. You don't just hope for it, you expect it.

But don't expect it to always come in the way you desire. Don't forget we serve a God that can use anything and anyone. So also pray that the Holy Spirit gives you great discernment in what God's method will be, so that you don't miss it. Recently, I needed some emotional/spiritual healing. And I kept say, "God I need to hear You! Your voice!" And what He gave me was a couple of specific people- who showed their concern in very specific ways that clearly connected to my conversations with Him. He threw in non-judgmental but God fearing ears, that were able to give me healing through prayer and through gentle correcting from the Word that we believe in. Now that was healing! I can't explain how the wound in my heart, which was being taunted by the burden on my shoulders was removed- but it was. God healed me in His way and it was the perfect way.

Remember our LORD, knows what is best. What helped me, is that I never stopped believing in His power to heal me, restore me and not only pick me back up; but elevate me to a new level in Him from this experience. That's the mighty God I read about daily and choose to serve. How about you?

-WHAT DO YOU NEED HEALING FROM TODAY? BEGIN TO TALK TO GOD ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC NEED- AND BE HEALED IN THE NAME OF JESUS!

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Healer, Healer, that's what we call You! I pray that Your children seek the healing that You came to earth to provide. Heal Your children LORD, from physical wounds and pain, from sickness, from mental instability, from emotional strains... Let us know that we're not in this alone, show us how close You are. LORD, show us Who You are. Let there be no question of You being Our very present help. By Your Spirit, heal the specific need that each person is calling upon You right now for. I pray that each of us release any and all unforgiveness and ungodly attitudes in order to be open to receive all the good You have in store for us. Healer, Healer, that's what I call You! I have faith that Your children will not only experience but live in Your healing right now. In the powerful, healing name of JESUS!!!! Thank You! Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16,17

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment