Wednesday, October 7, 2009

TGN: Preparation of Jesus, The King

Prayer: Father, give us today our daily bread. Fill us with everything that we will need for today. Through Your Holy Spirit teach, guide and correct us. Thank You, Jesus, for Your power in every part of my life today-renewing me physically, mentally and spiritually. In Jesus' name. Amen --------------------------------------------------------------

www.biblegateway.com
PREPARATION OF JESUS, THE KING

Mark 1 v. 1-8 (NLT)

John the Baptist Prepares the Way

1 This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God. It began 2 just as the prophet Isaiah had written:
"Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way. 3 He is a voice shouting in the wilderness,
'Prepare the way for the Lord's coming!
Clear the road for him!' "
4 This messenger was John the Baptist. He was in the wilderness and preached that people should be baptized to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven. 5 All of Judea, including all the people of Jerusalem, went out to see and hear John. And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River. 6 His clothes were woven from coarse camel hair, and he wore a leather belt around his waist. For food he ate locusts and wild honey.
7 John announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am— so much greater that I'm not even worthy to stoop down like a slave and untie the straps of his sandals. 8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!"

----
Jesus did not arrive unannounced or unexpected. The Old Testament prophets had clearly predicted the coming of the Great One (check out Isaiah 40:3, Malachi 3:1), sent by God Himself, who would offer salvation and eternal peace to Israel and the entire world.

Then came John the Baptist. If anyone knew their purpose from jump, it was John! He prepared the way for Jesus Christ by announcing that the long awaited Messiah had finally come and would soon be among the people.

In verse 3, when John was shouting "Prepare the way for the Lord's coming! Clear the road for him!" He was encouraging the people to give up their selfish way of living, renounce their sins, seek God's forgiveness, and establish a relationship with the Almighty God by believing and obeying His words as found in Scripture.

This instruction remains in the Bible because God is calling each of us to do the same. Jesus is coming again, are you "Preparing the way for the Lord's coming! Clearing the road for him"?

Let's be honest, and ask ourselves:

-"AM I LIVING A SELFISH LIFE (all about me) OR AM I GIVING GOD ALL THAT I AM AND HAVE TO BE USED FOR HIS GLORY?"

John did! Absolutely nothing else mattered.

We will remain in these verses tomorrow as well.

**********************************************************************
Prayer: I am calling on You Jesus, because Your Word is true. You are perfect and powerful in ways I can't even imagine. You are the head of the church (body). You are the beginning and first born from among the dead. In everything You have supremacy. By Your Name are all things according to my Father's Will done. Rid me of everything that is not worthy of Your Kingdom: greed, deceit, shame, falsehoods... I renounce every sin that I have committed against You, since the last time I've come to you. I humbly ask for Your perfect forgiveness and Your perfect peace that was made through Your blood shed on the cross. Because of You, and You only I am holy in God's sight, without blemish and free from any accusation. I'm seeking a relationship with You that never grows stagnant. You are concern about me always, it is me who loses sight of You. LORD, help me to stay on the right path. Show me how to be still, and listen to Your voice telling me which way to go and walk in. I desire for every step I take and every decision I make, honors You and declares Your Glory in everything I do. Thank You for the refreshment that only You can give. Let today, be the day I commit to walking with Jesus at all times; preparing the way for His return to earth. In Jesus' name, by which all treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden. Amen (Jeremiah 6; Colossians 1-2;Mark 1:1-3)

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Through God's mercy I have this ministry, I will not lose heart... I do not preach myself, but Jesus Christ as LORD and myself as the servant of the people for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:1,5

Scripture from The Bible (biblegateway.com), Prayer from NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (H. MacDonald) & The Divine Mentor, by Wayne Cordeiro. Study notes from Life Application Study Bible


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment