Friday, November 27, 2009

TGN: Andrew

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving holiday! I sure did! Such joy, fun, good food, laughter for days, sweet text, bbms, emails and memories I will cherish forever. Some of you may still be enjoying it, play on; or for some of us, get that rest! LOL

A friend of mine placed this on their facebook status yesterday: "Why do we need a holiday to remind us to be thankful? We should be thankful (or give thanks) daily." I totally get where there person is coming from, and would like to agree, but the realist in me-and I believe God's forgiving Spirit comes out. Allow me to explain:

As humans we allow the day to day to get to us, let's be real- we're thankful some days- other days... not so much :-); and holidays such as Thanksgiving, allow us this special time to really sit back and appreciate the blessings of life, family, health, sight, hearing, friends, careers we love, jobs that are paying the bills, to walk, to talk, to do all that we love to do, and for me most importantly- my relationship with God and truly how faithful He is in loving me and those around me. The food and gifts are great, but acknowledging the many blessings is the real gift.

From the times of the Old Testament, God gave the people festivals, and special times for the people to stop, celebrate, remember Him, be with family, be with friends and be joyful in the LORD.

So, yes- we should be living a life of daily thanksgiving. But on these days-called holidays, I hope you're each able to fully take in the greatness you have before you. And if it doesn't look all that great- remember God is great, you have Him and hope for a better day.

Bless you!
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
THE TWELVE DISCIPLES/APOSTLES*part 5*

Mark 3 v. 13-19 (NIV)
Emphasis on v. 18

13 Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve— designating them apostles— that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons. 16 These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter) 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means Sons of Thunder); 18 Andrew...

------

Jesus' faithful disciples were ordinary men who became extraordinary because of Jesus Christ. Despite their confusion and lack of understanding during His lifetime, they became powerful witnesses to His resurrection. Their lives were transformed by God's power.

Let's learn about our brother...

ANDREW

*Brother of Peter

*Occupation: Fisherman

*Outstanding Characteristics: Eager to bring others to Jesus.

*Major Events in Andrew's Life:
1) Accepted John the Baptist's testimony about Jesus.
2) Told Peter about Jesus.
3) He and Philip told Jesus that Greeks wanted to see Him.

*What Jesus said about Andrew:
-Jesus told Andrew he would fish for people.

* A Key Lesson from Andrew's life: Christians are to tell other people about Jesus. Just think if Andrew wouldn't had told his brother Peter about Jesus... A life, leading to several other lives would have possibly missed the gift of salvation.

-WHO KNOWS ABOUT JESUS BECAUSE OF YOU?

JESUS FINDS THE IMPACTFUL IN THE MOST ORIDINARY PEOPLE.

**********************************************************************
Prayer: What an awesome servant You had on this earth in Andrew, LORD. Someone eager to tell the people about Jesus Christ. LORD, if I have become callous and unfeeling in any area of my heart-especially in regards to sharing You, I ask that You correct me, as You so lovingly do. There is good in my affliction; it teaches me Your precious Will over my life and for the lives of Your children. You are good; and what You do is good. Teach me knowledge and good judgment; give me understanding to learn, for I believe in Your righteous and trustworthy commands. In ways that will be received through me, help me to share Your eternal Son, Who is our Hope. For all things serve You, and I desire to delightfully share Your faithfulness, compassion, unfailing love, and comfort to those You have entrusted to me. In Jesus' name. Amen (Psalm 119).
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't be dismayed, wait on the LORD." Donnie McClurkin

Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition, and Life Application Study Bible.
Selected References: Matthew 4:18-20; John 1:35-42;6:8,9; 12:20-22.
The story of Jesus' disciples does not end with the 4 Gospels, it continues in the books of Act and many of the letters..

www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment