Wednesday, November 4, 2009

TGN: Jesus is the Forgiver

Prayer: Hallelujah Jesus! Hallelujah! As we enter into Your Word today, I pray that we each feed on it and digest the meat of it to attain maturity in our Christian lives. Constant use of Your Word trains us to distinguish from good and evil. We should not be depending on anyone for our own personal time with You in Your Word. You have called us to be "workmen" - called us to read, digest, meditate, memorize and understand Your Word in order to correctly handle the Word of truth in our lives. We will honor, love and respect our pastors and teachers- but we should not expect them to be doing what we should be doing ourselves. We have to build ourselves up in order to not be misguided by the ignorant. You do not want us to remain spiritually immature; move each of us toward maturity, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will not be infants, tossed back and forth by the wave, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow (Hebrews 5:14; 2 Timothy 2:15; Ephesians 4:13-15). In Your faithful Name we pray spiritual maturity over one another. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS' MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 2 v. 1-12 (NLT) *part 3*
Emphasis on v. 5

Jesus Forgives the Sins of a Paralyzed Man

5 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven."

------

Jesus is God. That is truth! But Jesus lived on this earth as a man-fully human. Because He did, He can identify with our deepest needs and sufferings. We can never tell God, "You don't understand," because He does.

Have you forgiven yourself yet? Well, now it's time to let Jesus help you overcome the sin in your life. How? Pray- turn it to God. You've asked Him to forgive you, now ask Him to help you- because He's already prepared to do it. And He is the Only ONE who can help us. I can't tell you how or in what way He will help. But I know for sure He will. Now don't be naïve, this doesn't mean you won't be tempted, but God will lead you to refuse to give into the temptation, if we would just allow Him to.

I know this for sure because He has helped me in my utmost time of need. He has help me overcome pain and many bad, dangerous habits. Through prayer, and remaining faithful in His Word- I have allowed Him to work in my life. And He is still continuing to do so. Remember we serve a faithful God, despite our faults.

- WILL YOU LET GOD WORK IN YOUR LIFE?

**********************************************************************
Prayer: I give thanks to You LORD, I call on Your name and Your name alone. I want and need Your help. I want to deal with everything in my life Your way in order to overcome it. Through my suffering I want to learn obedience just as Jesus did while on earth. Show us how to place it and leave it in Your hands and expect that Your Glory will prevail in our situation. Our hearts will rejoice from seeking You. My God, in whom I trust. I pray this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen(Psalm 91,105; Hebrew 5).
--------------------------------------------------------------

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (B.Bush), and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment