Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TGN: How Do You Deal With Anger

Prayer: "Never will I leave You; Never will I forsake You." This is what You said LORD to Your people LORD. For those feeling abandoned and totally alone; to those who are feeling helpless, You are faithfully holding us up with these reassuring words. I believe each word in this promise, because my God is not a liar. He doesn't waste words, nor do you say anything just to say it. You always mean it and I thank You. You are my helper and I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Praise You, Heavenly Father, for granting me strength to live through the difficult times as well as the easy. And thank You for holding me up, especially in my most vulnerable moments. I'm excited to continue fellowshipping with You today in Your Word. Speak my King. In Jesus' name. Amen (Hebrews 13).
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblegateway.com
JESUS' MINISTRY IN GALILEE

Mark 3 v. 1-6 (NIV) *part 3*
Emphasis v. 5-6

(Jesus) looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

------

The Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking their law that said medical attention could not be given to no one on the Sabbath except in matters of life and death. Ironically, the Pharisees themselves were breaking God's law by plotting murder.

Jesus was angry about the Pharisees' uncaring attitudes. Anger itself is not wrong. We all get angry! Someone cut me off on the freeway yesterday, just to go 2 miles per hour once they were in front of me. That, made me angry. LOL Some people take certain scriptures about anger to the extreme and think that we're not suppose to get angry. Who are we? Aliens? Emotion-less? We get angry- but what we do with that anger is what God is concerned with, as we should be as well.

It depends on what makes us angry and what we do with our anger. Too often we get angry over the insignificant things and we don't truly deal with the root of it all; then we often express our anger in selfish and harmful ways. By contrast, Jesus express His anger by correcting a problem-healing the man's hand. Jesus could have been so caught up in His own feelings about the matter, that He could have decided not to heal the man's hand.

Anger distracts us from doing good, distracts us from purpose. Use your anger to find constructive solutions rather than to tear people down and not complete what God has made you responsible for.

-HOW WILL YOU CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH THAT ANGER BUILDING INSIDE OF YOU?

*give it to God-meaning- deal with it in His way*

**********************************************************************
Prayer: Not to us, O LORD, but to your Name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness. I trust You LORD, because You are the LORD who watches over me, my help and my shield. You remember me and will bless me. You will be with me always. Even though the enemy would try to convince me otherwise, you are here and with me and You will walk with me. LORD, show me how to deal with anger correctly. Show me the opportunities I have to show more of You, even in the midst of irritation, hurt aggravation, and pure anger. Let it continuously be about You and not me. In Jesus' name. Amen (Psalm 115).
--------------------------------------------------------------

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Resources: biblegateway.com, NIV Women's Devotional Bible- Classic Edition (S. Richards), Spirit of Prophecy Bulletin 11/16/2009, and Life Application Study Bible.


www.thegoodnews4yourlife.blogspot.com  "Providing you with what you already have access to in the most convenient way. So that we all can continue to grow in wisdom & understanding of God." LT

No comments:

Post a Comment